Exclusive First Look: Frankenstein Theory trailer premiere!

Jan. 24, 2013by: The Arrow

Image Entertainment’s THE FRANKENSTEIN THEORY (directed by Andrew Weiner) will lumber into our world on March 1st on VOD and in selected theatrical markets, with the DVD coming out later on this year. And we've got an EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK at the TRAILER for ya! See it below!

THE FRANKENSTEIN THEORY is about: From the makers of The Last Exorcism comes a boldly original vision of horror. What if the most chilling novel of all time was actually based on a true account of a horrific experiment gone awry? When he is suspended from his university job for his outlandish ideas, Professor John Venkenheim leads a documentary film crew to the rim of the Arctic Circle in a desperate effort to vindicate his academic reputation.

His theory: Mary Shelley’s ghastly story, “Frankenstein,” is, in fact, a work of non-fiction disguised as fantasy. In the vast, frozen wilderness, Venkenheim and his team search for the legendary monster, a creature mired in mystery and drenched in blood. What they find is an unspeakable truth more terrifying than any fiction…a nightmare from which there is no waking.

The film stars Kris Lemche, Joe Egender, Timothy V. Murphy, and Eric Zuckerman.

Extra Tidbit: What's your favorite Frankenstein movie?

Related Articles

12:16AM on 01/26/2013

Frankenstein

This looks cool. Like it's about Frankenstein, but modern day. I like that kind of adaptation -- doesn't have to be true to the original book then. The scenery and camera work looks almost like an adventure movie. Not what I'm used to seeing in horror movies and found footage. I'm curious about this one. Seems different. I'm definitely in.

10:51PM on 01/25/2013

Hell Yes

Looking forward to this one. Looks better than most big budget horror flix.
Looking forward to this one. Looks better than most big budget horror flix.

6:46PM on 01/25/2013

Chiller

Definitely in. With the current deep freeze, this one looks to make it even cooler. I'm a fan of Shelley's book, too, and this is an intriguing take on it. I don't think they're trying to put the book on screen but the idea that the monster is out there is interesting.

1:13PM on 01/25/2013

Ugh

Frankenstein is one of my favorite novels of all time. I just want a proper adaptation. I don't want the Kenneth Branagh version, I just want a simple and faithful adaptation. Instead we get found footage shit that once again, depicts The monster as a big dumb scary brute.

2:53AM on 01/25/2013

nope.. not going there

looks bad.... sorry.....
looks bad.... sorry.....

9:47PM on 01/24/2013

CarneAsada

I'm in, bitches! Gimmie a real monster instead of randomly opening doors any day.

9:16PM on 01/24/2013

Looks like Trollhunter...

cold, remote area...creepy guide...splashes of humor...even some of the camera angles/shots look like they were lifted from Trollhunter. Not necessarily a bad thing, but that's what it reminds me most of.

9:09PM on 01/24/2013

CarneAsada

8:51PM on 01/24/2013
Long Live Frank!!!!!! Looks Cold and Scary.
Long Live Frank!!!!!! Looks Cold and Scary.

7:54PM on 01/24/2013
Screw that. That's all we need. Another "found footage" piece of shit movie.
Screw that. That's all we need. Another "found footage" piece of shit movie.

7:32PM on 01/24/2013

crap, crap, and more crap. when are people going to stop making the Blair Witch Project?

4:24PM on 01/24/2013
I dunno. Looks like a Sasquatch movie that they inserted Frankenstein's monster into.

Scorupco, Izabella