EXCLUSIVE NEWS: Wesley Snipes says he's interested in doing Blade 4!

02.22.2010by: Ammon Gilbert

Wesley Snipes has gone from the limelight to the no-light over the years, with the seven films he's done since BLADE: TRINITY all going straight to DVD, following in the footsteps of other 90s action heroes like Steven Seagal. But that's all about to change now that he's going theatrical again with BROOKLYN'S FINEST.

While out pimping the film at a recent junket, AITH scored this exclusive scoop from Snipes about the possibilities of a fourth BLADE movie: Snipes said that there has been some talk about a Blade 4 and that he would be interested if the script was right.

You heard it here first folks! There's talk of a fourth BLADE, and if the script is right, Snipes is on board with bells and whistles. Awesome. While BLADE: TRINITY wasn't "all that," it was still cooler than a lot of other films out there, and seeing Snipes as our resident vampire ass-kicker again would be nice. Especially after the fiasco that was BLADE: THE SERIES.

When I first saw the trailer for BROOKLYN'S FINEST, I reaslized how much I've missed Snipes on the big screen. It was like seeing an old friend again. Let's hope his return is felt throughout the movie world to make those talks of BLADE 4 into reality, Would definitely be cool to see another entry in the series.

Will BLADE: TRINITY co-star Jessica Biel be back as well?
Extra Tidbit: LL Cool J was originally considered for the part of Blade.
Source: AITH

4:44PM on 08/05/2013

Very good

To bring Blade back it' gonna take a lot of work, someone with the creative realism of Christopher Nolan would be able to pull this off. I have more on this subject at my blog if anyone is interested. [link]

5:37PM on 02/24/2010

cool...kind of.

Give me some more BLADE!! Keep that Nightstalker-beil shit out of it tho. I've been trying to scrub Trinity outta my brain ever since i saw it...*shudder*

4:30PM on 02/24/2010
Oh yeah, not to mention Marvel's now owned by Disney... will the special effects be provided by Pixar?

4:27PM on 02/24/2010
What, so Wesley Snipes can come back and claim racism on the set again? Who cares... they should have left the series alone after Guillermo del Toro blew it out of the water with Blade 2. There's nothing decent they can do with a fourth installment...

6:40PM on 02/23/2010

JimmyArrow's right I'm afraid...

Read a set report on Blade Trinity years back and to say Snipes acted like a complete fucking dick while shooting that film would be hugely understating things. The experience sounded like a nightmare for everyone involved. I doubt any Blade producers would want to reunite with Snipes again. Get somebody with Guillermo Del Toro's imagination, then I'd be interested.

7:01PM on 02/22/2010

No chance of happening...

Snipes didn't just hate Goyer, he called everyone on the set racists. They're not gonna forgive him and I'm not sure they should!

6:42PM on 02/22/2010

authorNYSE

Oh yeah! MORBIUS played by Vincent Cassel would be dope!
Oh yeah! MORBIUS played by Vincent Cassel would be dope!

5:26PM on 02/22/2010
ABOUT F*CKING TIME. Now let's all forget about this transvestite of a Blade Trinity and bring on the real BLADE III. Hope this will happen... without Biel and co. Let's just focus on Blade.

4:26PM on 02/22/2010

Blade 2 was the best 1, PERIOD

If its like part 2, then go 4 it!
If its like part 2, then go 4 it!

2:50PM on 02/22/2010

c'mon people

first blade was solid. 2nd was pretty tits. 3rd one sucked hairy donkey balls. I don't get how fans of the movies can like the third one the most. it was fucking horrendous

2:51PM on 02/22/2010
i mean c'mon. triple h as a vampire? him stroking a puppy? and doing his signature wrestling moves? fuck that noise
2:40PM on 02/22/2010
I am starting to think wwith Marvels combining the Movie Universes now that Blade should be in a new Spider-Man movie with Morphius as the main villian but that would be if Rami and Toby's spider-man was still on.

2:32PM on 02/22/2010

Here's hoping...

This could be cool. Snipes needs to make more Blade movies and pay his taxes. He's way too talented for Direct to DVD (even though some of them have been pretty good...). I agree with most that Trinity was the weakest, but even a bad Blade movie is still better than most. When the techno starts and Snipes starts opening up XXL can of vampire woopass, I get goose bumps every time!

2:12PM on 02/22/2010
If Snipes stars and Guillermo del Toro directs Blade 4 i'll agree!
If Snipes stars and Guillermo del Toro directs Blade 4 i'll agree!

12:45PM on 02/22/2010
I'm down for another Blade throwdown - but seriously keep Reynolds and Biel out of it. (I doubt they'd do it anyway.)

12:43PM on 02/22/2010

Don´t hold your breath

I would love another Blade-movie, but Snipes and David Goyer (writer of those Blade-movies and director of the Blade Trinity) pretty much hate each other and I don´t think anyone besides Goyer and us fanboys give a damn about the Blade-franchise. Hell, they´could have already done another Blade with Michael Jai White, he would have been perfect for the role!!!

12:40PM on 02/22/2010

Nightstalkers

or I don't care. Hey, I LOVE the Blade trilogy. Even the weak and disappointing second one, but just Blade... meh. I'd see it, but I wouldn't be stoked for it. I was stoked for the Nightstalkers spin-off, that never happened.

So yea, Biel and Reynolds = theater. Just Snipes = download.

So yea, Biel and Reynolds = theater. Just Snipes = download.

12:23PM on 02/22/2010
It's about time! I thought we'd never see Snipes back as Blade and while this news is promising i still have my doubts. Blade 3 was pretty lame and i didnt see the series but nobody should play blade but Snipes. If this movie does happen it needs to be done right!

11:48AM on 02/22/2010

Blade 4

Snipes was the worst thing in Blade 3. I didn't bother seeing it in the theaters because word of mouth was so bad. I was about to turn off the DVD when Biel showed up in the 'Tell me if this hurts Chicka!" scene and saved the movie. Reynolds wasn't bad either. But Snipes...WTF bro?

12:09PM on 02/22/2010
Word has it that Snipes and director David Goyer clashed a lot on set...
Word has it that Snipes and director David Goyer clashed a lot on set...
11:37AM on 02/22/2010

What ?

Blade 3 was pathetic ! An humiliation ! I hope they don't do this kind of piece of shit again !

10:19AM on 02/22/2010
I'll see another Blade movie but it's going to take a miracle to bring back Blade in to a likable character. The whole point of Blade Trinity was to have Blade pass the torch to the Reapers. So they basically turned Blade in to a prima donna and had him exit the whole story altogether. So it's gonna have to take a good writer to bring back Blade as a likable hero again.

9:59AM on 02/22/2010
Damn glad to hear it and I would hardly call Blade 3 a Blade movie, considering they wanted to use it to launch a spin off movie for Biel and Reynolds. The tv series wasn't bad, and they ended it too soon. Spike just wimped out when they saw how much the episodes cost to make

11:05AM on 02/22/2010
Yeah, the series wasn't bad. It had violence and suspense. Those are healthy. A person may or may not appreciate the expanded Blade origin stuff. They said "shit" exactly once per episode.
9:34AM on 02/22/2010

Love Blade!

Blade II is my fav and I'd kill to see Snipes back in the role he was born to play. But personally, keep Reynolds and Biel out of it (even though I dig them in Part 3). I want a BLADE SOLO Blade Part 4.

9:17AM on 02/22/2010
Would love to see another Blade movie. All three Blade movies were awesome, with Blade: Trinity being my favorite. If they do do another one, I would like to see Reynolds and Biel come back to help Blade again

Fitzpatrick, Emma