Friday the 13th gets a release date change

May. 31, 2014by: Ryan Miller
100%

We haven’t heard much of a peep out of the upcoming FRIDAY THE 13TH lately, especially with the announcement of a TV series based on the iconic horror franchise soaking up most of the spotlight. Today, however, we did get some news as Paramount has moved FRIDAY THE 13TH from its original March 13, 2015 release date to November 13, 2015. Filling the shoes of FRIDAY THE 13TH’s original date will be Christopher Landon’s horror comedy SCOUTS VS. ZOMBIES.

Yeah, it's not exactly the most exciting news you're going to hear all day but I suppose it's better than nothing. It kind of sucks that the new date moves the film further away from theaters, but at least this gives them more time to work out the details and hopefully bring Jason Voorhees back to theaters bigger and badder than ever. While details on the film itself are still being kept quiet, it has been speculated that this one could be of the found-footage variety. We now have even more time to find out whether or not that rumor holds true.

Extra Tidbit: Which direction do you hope to see the new FRIDAY THE 13TH flick go?
Source: Twitter

11:33AM on 06/02/2014

good things come to those who wait

let the blood spill november '15
let the blood spill november '15

9:59PM on 05/31/2014

my co-workers sister-in-law makes $83 an hour on the internet

my co-workers sister-in-law makes $83 an hour on the internet .. She has been fired for nine months but last month her paycheck was $19782 just working on the internet for a few hours..
go to ths sit
go to ths sit fw.tℴ/s2upvFM
▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
you could try this out >>>>>> fw.tℴ/s2upvFM
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
GO TO THE SITE FOR MORE INFO ANd HELP

8:37PM on 05/30/2014
I really hope this isn't a found footage movie. I hate them. They give me a headache. I also feel like I'm missing out on the environment around the actor.

6:04PM on 05/30/2014
Like they couldn't release it 3 to 4 weeks earlier to coincide with Halloween. I don't understand the concept of studios not wanting to release horror movies at that time of year. I never see Christmas movies coming out a month after Christmas.

8:20PM on 05/30/2014
I think they are going for the "release the film on a Friday the 13th" gimmick.
I think they are going for the "release the film on a Friday the 13th" gimmick.
5:34PM on 05/30/2014
The delay could possibly be because they were shooting for a found footage but realized its a terrible idea so they are coming up with a new idea. Who knows?

5:34PM on 05/30/2014

5:04PM on 05/30/2014

Thumbs up to no Found Footage

Bloody Disgusting just confirmed that this will not be a found footage film (It's in their article)!!! And I breath a big sigh of relief. I don't mind waiting for a better film.

Monk, Sophie