Fright Night 2 gets a release date

Jul. 31, 2013by: Ryan Miller

It has been some time since we've last heard much of anything from FRIGHT NIGHT 2 starring Jaime Murray. Today, some new artwork for the flick has come in along with a release date for the Blu-ray and DVD. So when will you be able to get your hands on the vampire flick? October 1st is when the film hits shelves and you can pre-order it right HERE. Below you can take a look at three of the potential candidates for the cover art below, courtesy of Blood Disgusting.

When high school student Charlie attends a study abroad program with his horror obsessed friend “Evil” Ed and ex-girlfriend AMY in Romania, he soon discovers their young attractive professor Gerri (Jaime Murray) is a real life vampire. Too bad no one believes him. In fact, Evil Ed finds it amusing and it only feeds his vampire obsession. When Gerri turns Ed, Charlie seeks out Peter Vincent, the infamous vampire hunter (well, he plays one on TV) who is in Romania filming his show “Fright Night,” to teach him how to take down Gerri before she gets to Amy, who’s blood will cure Gerri of spending eternity as a vampire.”

None of the art really screams originality so hopefully the flick itself is a bit more inspiring. They recently gave an early look at the trailer during Comic-Con so I'd imagine we'll be seeing it sometime in the near future. Until then, check out the new art!

Extra Tidbit: Do you have any hopes for this sequel?

Related Articles

1:53PM on 08/01/2013
This is precisely the 'sequel' that shithouse remake deserves.
This is precisely the 'sequel' that shithouse remake deserves.

10:35AM on 08/01/2013

but i don't get it...

The first Fright Night remake was a good time (except for the jelly donut CGI gore)! Why won't they give this a legitimate push? This movie looks terrible.

4:07PM on 08/01/2013
Funny, it made me think of jelly donuts too.
Funny, it made me think of jelly donuts too.
9:14AM on 08/01/2013
This is the most blatant cash grab I've ever seen. Filmmaking at its laziest and it really pisses me off.

1:06AM on 08/01/2013
I think this sequel is a terrible idea. Guy's idea (below) would be better, but I don't get how they couldn't even just connect it to the first film. Just take out Evil Ed and you could have it be a sequel even if you have to recast everybody. I'm not saying that would make a good film but it's better than just doing... this. Anyway, hopefully they prove us all wrong somehow.

7:28PM on 07/31/2013
It's not a sequel, it's another re-make and it's utter bullshit.

How hard would it have been to do a follow up with the Peter Vincent character that was essentially "David Tennant: Vampire Slayer".

I mean who the fuck WOULDN'T watch that?
It's not a sequel, it's another re-make and it's utter bullshit.

I mean who the fuck WOULDN'T watch that?

Scorupco, Izabella