From Dusk Till Dawn has a TV series in the works

May. 14, 2013by: Ryan Miller

If you thought MTV's SCREAM series came out of nowhere, wait until you see this! Univision revealed that they have partnered with El Rey Network, a new cable network from Robert Rodriguez and one of the first projects will be non other than a TV series based on FROM DUSK TILL DAWN. Rodriguez will produce, write and direct. El Rey is set to launch at the end of the year via Comcast.

The series will explore and expand on the characters and story from the original film, providing a wider scope and richer Aztec mythology.

That's all we've got for now but it's definitely intriguing and with the film's original creator Robert Rodriguez being so heavily involved it's definitely the best case scenario. I like that it's going to expand on the original film's story and characters because that film is an absolute blast. Who knows, maybe we'll even get a George Clooney cameo!

"If you try to run, I've got six little friends and they can all run faster than you can."

Extra Tidbit: What do you guys think? Would you watch a FROM DUSK TILL DAWN series?

Related Articles

12:56PM on 05/15/2013

Sound Good

I think this could make for a very interesting show. I'm not sure how much they will be able to do with it but I am definitely in. This is one of my all time favorite movies.

12:51PM on 05/15/2013

Sound Good

1:31AM on 05/15/2013

um.. oh yeah one problem?

didnt 90% of the Characters of this cast DIE by the movie's end? That could put a hamper on this one... LOL
I'm still curious... I'll bite.... no, I mean figuratively I'll bite... it cant be any worse than Vampire Diaries.

12:56PM on 05/15/2013
Seth and Kate were the only two to make it out alive. However, you could bring those characters back. It also says that they are going to explore and expand on characters and give a wider scope of the mythology so there is a lot that they could do with lead in. Almost like doing an origin story for each character leading us to the event of the movie. There is also the possibility of introduction of new characters that could be followed further in the timeline.
8:08PM on 05/14/2013

Sure why not.

I doubt it will last a full season, but what the hell.
I doubt it will last a full season, but what the hell.

6:10PM on 05/14/2013

No thanks.

Not expecting anything. What story could possibly be told within this world that could maintain the length of a television show? They couldn't even make one--let alone two worthwhile sequels to the original film. And I for one am not interested in the history of the Titty Twister. The first film worked because of Tarantino's great script and the amazing characters he created in the Gecko brothers. Not to mention Clooney's all-too-rare bad ass performance (Not that Clooney doesn't consistently do strong work, I just wish he would play roles like Seth Gecko more often).

I for one am against this new trend of movies-turned television shows, especially given that none of them lend themselves to the television format. For example, while John Fallon seems to like BATES MOTEL, I for one tuned out after the second episode because when you make the entire town around the Bates Motel a loony bin, suddenly Norman Bates isn't so special anymore.

You know what films should be turned into a TV show? STAR TREK. I just think that movie would really lend itself to television. Think of all the interesting missions that crew could encounter on a week-to-week basis. The fascinating worlds, aliens and issues they could address.

Shayk, Irina