John Carpenter interested in adapting a Dead Space film

May. 9, 2013by: Ryan Miller
100%

Game Informer recently spoke with horror director John Carpenter in an interview where he revealed that he would love to adapt DEAD SPACE into a film because it's "ready-made". My initial reaction upon hearing this news was f*ck yes! My mind immediately wandered to his brilliant sci-fi chiller THE THING which is one of my all-time favorite films and if you ask me, John Carpenter and DEAD SPACE are a match made in heaven.

"You know it's great," he told Game Informer. "The first game was more - I guess it was like Alien - but not quite. It was a little different than that."

"I maintain that Dead Space would just make a great movie because you have these people coming onto an abandoned, shut-down space ship and they have to start it up and something's on board. It's just great stuff.  I would love to make Dead Space [into a film], I'll tell you that right now. That one is ready-made."

I'd be on board for a DEAD SPACE film regardless of who was at the helm — getting John Carpenter would just be icing on the cake!

Extra Tidbit: If a DEAD SPACE film did ever happen, who would you like to see directing?
Source: VideoGamer

11:42AM on 05/10/2013

I just hope he still has it...

Carpenter has directed some of my favorite genre films. After The Ward I do wonder if he still has it... I kind of still enjoyed Ghosts of Mars despite some cheesiness. But I'd say his last really cool film was Vampires. But if he can get the crazy fire back in the belly I would love to see him take on a movie like this.

9:18AM on 05/10/2013
I just got through re-watcing Ghost of Mars, just to make sure I hated it as much as I did the first time...and I say don't give Dead Space to Carpenter, the man lost his ability to make anything worthwhile a long time ago.

7:43AM on 05/10/2013

Come On hollywood execs!!!

Golden Plater, hello??
Golden Plater, hello??

3:16AM on 05/10/2013
I've always thought Dead Space would make a bad ass movie, and I agree with you Carpenter at the helm is about as perfect as it could get.

11:37PM on 05/09/2013

Great!

But why not Half-Life, Mr Carpenter? :(
But why not Half-Life, Mr Carpenter? :(

9:48PM on 05/09/2013

come on john!

bring it home, man!
bring it home, man!

5:52PM on 05/09/2013
This would be the greatest thing to happen - ever. EA should consider this, in all honesty, since they have apparently cancelled "Dead Space 4" due to lack of interest. A movie adaptation would increase interest dramatically.

4:36PM on 05/09/2013