Oct. 16, 2013by: The Arrow
100%

The Arrow's Top 8 reasons why the Supernatural TV show rocks!

It's the Halloween season, I'm grooving to a horror show, I'm sharing the love! Now, I havenít followed a TV Show since The X-Files. Not because I donít want to but because I simply donít have the f-ing time to do so. But shit changed this year as I got hooked to not one but two current TV Shows. They are Game of Thrones (which I finally caught up to) and Supernatural (I am at Season 4 at the moment). The latter left quite an impression me. I actually got into it by accident. I was channel surfing one night and caught an episode halfway in. And I just couldn't let it go as it reminded me of The X-Files and for good reason, The X-Files director Kim Manners had directed it.

So once the end credits rolled, I was in like Flint (whomever that dude is)! So I went back and started watching the show from Season 1 and onward. Now I know all of you Supernatural fans are at Season 9 at this point in your journey, but that wonít stop me from listing the TOP 8 things that I LOVE about this show so far! So hop into your Chevrolet Impala, lock and load them salt guns and letís roll!

10:43PM on 11/01/2013
Been watching since the beginning. The first 4-5 seasons are pretty much flawless IMO. Once the main arc ends after season 5, I feel the show begun to slip. It's still enjoyable, just not on the same level it once was. Haven't even checked out the current season yet, lost a lot of interest after the last couple. Dean's still the man though!

2:05PM on 10/17/2013

Love this show!!!

I also started it on Netflix and I love the overall mythology of the show. They also balance the humor and drama perfectly. I own all eight seasons on DVD and will be buying 9 and 10....I think they are ending it a 10. It's one of those shows I can rewatch anytime and still enjoy the hell out of it. My fav seasons were 4 and 5, once the Angels got there and things really hit the fan I was riveted! Love the all characters, can't get enough of Cas & Crowley, I miss Meg & (not going to ruin it but I'm sure some people here know who I was going to say) and Charlie is awesome! She needs to be on there more. Garth is hilarious and Kevin is becoming quite an interesting character. Of course, I am a Dean girl all the way! Ezekiel has me wondering whether or not he is actually as good as he says.....waiting to see how that is going to turn out. I kind of hope that Benny will return somehow, liked his and Dean's friendship. Abaddon is turning into quite a threat! I like her!!!

4:07PM on 10/16/2013

My favorite show currently on TV...

When I first started watching it on netflix in the summer of 2012 I was told by a few people that the show loses some magic as it dives into building its own mythology more and drifts a bit from the monster of the week stuff, but I thankfully didn't agree with them. I tore through everything and was caught up by the time the new season last year aired, and have begun rewatching the series (on season four myself in this rewatch right now) and catching the new eps that started last week.

So

So yeah, I love the show. I don't think it's lost a step in the evolution of the story, even though it's been almost double the seasons that were intended.

12:19PM on 10/16/2013

Top 5 reasons it is not as awesome

I loved this show... and like many have continued to watch it long after the awesome has faded waiting for the awesome to return. I like to think much a heroine addict chasing the first high.... point is. WTF. Does anyone remember when there was a thin thread through a season... a ton of stand alone episodes (like Xfiles) just fun. Now... year after year. Villains survive. One of the brothers dies, or doesn't die, or kinda dies, and everything just keeps on going. Whats that Angels vs demons vs Sam/dean round 5? sure why not. Dear God... Just show up end things give dean and sam some hottie angel babes and let them get back to hunting the things that go bump... as opposed to poor misguided angels hahaha ahhhhhhhh makes a man wanna give up church lol I mean every season for last few years has been - Villain Battle - A brother dies. Open season... how we get him back, oh and either villain lives, or new villain took place. Every freaking year.

11:56AM on 10/16/2013

Great show...that probably could have ended already

One of the best shows on TV! I got several friends into it, even my old man. Everybody watched it and with good reason. I have to say that seasons 1-5 are fantastic. In fact it was originally meant to end there, which would have been perfect. Because of high TV ratings on came seasons 6 and 7...which I'll be honest were not great...they seemed forced. But hang in there as season 8 is the best since 5 and 9 is already kicking my ass!

12:04PM on 10/16/2013
Everybody tells me that Season 6 is the worst, 7 is better and 8 is a comeback. Am scared now to get to Season 6, but hey I still have Season 4 to finish and 5 to tackle before I get there.
10:46AM on 10/16/2013
i fucking love this show own seasons 1 thru 7 i cant praise this show enough
i fucking love this show own seasons 1 thru 7 i cant praise this show enough

10:00AM on 10/16/2013
I'm only on season 3, but I'm digging the hell out of this show! Very X-Files, but with more swagger. Love it.

12:21PM on 10/16/2013
I envy you lol... be warned things start to get so very one dimensional after season 5. Much like the Xfiles towards the end.

Palvin, Barbara