Little Shop of Horrors will be re-opened by Warner Bros. and Carrie remake scribe

05.03.2012by: Eric Walkuski

UPDATE: According to the Hollywood Reporter, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is looking to star in the new LITTLE SHOP; he's apparently helping to develop the project as well.

Audrey II will once again yearn for Seymour to feed him...

According to Variety, Warner Bros. is in the process of reviving LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS, and has tasked Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa to write it.

Aguirre-Sacasa recently penned the CARRIE remake for Sony; he's also currently a producer on "Glee" and worked as a story editor on HBO's "Big Love" for several years.

LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS, as you no doubt know, centers on a meek florist who must kill in order to satisfy his "mean green mother" of a giant Venus fly trap plant. Originally made by Roger Corman as a two-day quickie, the story went on to inspire an Off-Broadway musical and a big-budget film directed by Frank Oz and starring Rick Moranis.

No word on whether or not this will be a musical, but if they hired a "Glee" writer, it's a good bet.

Extra Tidbit: What's your reaction to the news? Are you glad LITTLE SHOP will see the light of day once again?
Source: VarietyTHR

6:58PM on 05/05/2012
The 80's Little Shop is one of those movies I feel truly can't get remade, good anyway. It has such a wonderfully campy feel to it and there's that 80's nostalgia woven into it that is just impossible to remake. Also, if they made it a musical again, I feel like that truly would be pointless. But then trying to do it not as a musical.... I just feel like it wouldn't work.

2:42AM on 05/04/2012
hmm... with Joseph Gordon this could be good. Is it going to have songs like the original? It better! They HAVE to have the crazy dentist character that Steve Martin played so well, and they HAVE to get the same person to voice Audrey 2!

8:15PM on 05/04/2012
Little Shop '86 was fantastic ... hands down. However, Levi Stubbs won't be performing Audrey 2 again unless he returns from the dead (RIP). That will be a hard act to follow as will the rest of the cast (esp. Moranis, Martin, and Murray's bit part).
9:42PM on 05/03/2012
Le gasp D:
Le gasp D:

9:19PM on 05/03/2012
Let's make The Little Shop of Horror into a full-fledged horror movie. Make her grow all over the city and spawns more little "Dorothy" killer plants.

6:54PM on 05/03/2012
All due love to JGL, there's simply no way it can top the classic Rick Moranis/Steve Martin/Bill Murray musical.

Evigan, Briana