Megan Fox wants to be Carrie, should MGM and Screen Gems let her?

May. 23, 2011by: Jake Dee

Megan Fox as Carrie White? I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere. Feel free to insert one below!

Last week came the news, however tepidly met, that MGM and Sony Screen Gems have plans to remake Stephen King's 1974 novel CARRIE. Not many have supported the move, including Stephen King himself (stay tuned for Ammon's Booze Talking article this week as well). One person in favor of the remake is fledgling actress Megan Fox, who has expressed serious interest in playing the tormented titular lead.

Here's what an insider close to Fox had to say:

"Megan is a huge fan of the original and would love the chance to play the lead. She's 25 now but she's sure she could still do justice to teenage Carrie. She's told her people to make it happen...She wants to move on to more serious roles.”

Wow. Fox is 25 years and old widely thought of as one of the most beautiful women on the and globe. How she thinks she's right for the part of a Carrie; a homely, pasty, picked upon adolescent - is stretching it a little far. Granted, Sissy Spacek was 26 or 27 when CARRIE was shot, but she's a far more seasoned actress, even earning an Oscar nod for work in the Brian De Palma classic. I'm really not one of these Fox haters that wishes ill will on the lovely lady, but damn...that's a lofty ask. She'd have to go Charlize in MONSTER to pull off such a transformation.

Let's discuss. You think the studios should give Fox a crack at CARRIE? Is there any way she could do an admirable job? If not Fox, who do you think would make a perfect CARRIE for a new generation?

Extra Tidbit: Fox turned 25 a week ago today. I suppose a belated happy birthday from the AITH crew isn't out of line. Is it?
Source: Showbiz Spy

2:52PM on 05/25/2011

Negative

Danielle Harris, Rooney Mara, Emily Perkins. My top 3 choices.
Danielle Harris, Rooney Mara, Emily Perkins. My top 3 choices.

1:32PM on 05/24/2011
just no. nothing to do with looks, all on talent.
just no. nothing to do with looks, all on talent.

11:39AM on 05/24/2011
Absolutely not. All wrong for the role. A few years ago she would have been perfect as one of the mean girls, but Carrie? Hellllllz naw!

8:15AM on 05/24/2011
i wish models that can't act would stop getting movie roles. wow, she's hot, why do i have to put up with her cardboard expressions, her poor timing, and not to mention her total lack of respect for the people who put her on the map. such a lame actress, with such a boring resume. Jennifers Body is universally loathed by the way.

8:08AM on 05/24/2011
Yeah, whenever I hear the words "dowdy, insular girl who all the other kids pick on at school because she's such a weirdo freak", I instantly get a mental image of Megan Fox in figure-hugging clothes bending over a car showing off her midriff and all the guys' jaws hitting the floor.

4:26AM on 05/24/2011
Completely wrong for the role.
Completely wrong for the role.

2:41AM on 05/24/2011

Looks Can Be Deceiving

The biggest knock is that Fox can't act. But show me one instance where she was WRITTEN the ability. Strip off the make-up(except the tatoos) and cover her in blood and tell me she wouldn't make a great psycho bitch, given the right material.

1:06AM on 05/24/2011
I actually like Fox quite a bit, and think her bad rap is undeserved. However, she is not Carrie, nor will she ever be. She'd be terrific as Carrie's lead tormenter, or maybe even Sue Snell.
And someone mentioned Rooney Mara for Carrie....no offense, but please, keep her away from any future horror films; if her god-awful performance in "A Nightmare On Elm Street" was any indication of her take on horror heroines, she should steer clear of the genre.

12:27AM on 05/24/2011

Oh Hell,

why not? Just don't call it Carrie.
why not? Just don't call it Carrie.

11:50PM on 05/23/2011

Noooooooooooooooo!

No freaking way!!! She is for one thing way too hot to play outcast Carrie and she is not that great of an actress to make it effective and believable. Jennifer's Body was not half bad but Amanda Seyfried was the superior actress hands down so maybe Amanda should play Carrie because I can picture her more in that role and think she can pull it off way better. Megan Fox can be one of the bitchy school girls or something just not Carrie, please don't let her! Very bad idea!!!

11:35PM on 05/23/2011

WORD

Maybe Fox thinks she can pull it off because she did Jenifer's body. Maybe she could pull it off, maybe not. But I think Rooney Mara would be a good Carrie.
Megan would look good with all that pigs blood on her though.
Megan would look good with all that pigs blood on her though.

11:32PM on 05/23/2011
She may surprise (and monkeys may fly out of my butt) but I don't think she can pull off a picked upon school girl. But really I don't care. If the company that spewed out crap like Prom Night and The Stepfather remakes is behind this than I wont spend a penny on this film at all.

Taylor, Rachael