More photos of Joel Kinnaman as RoboCop

May. 13, 2013by: Ryan Miller

Want to see more photos of Joel Kinnaman as ROBOCOP that look just like all the others? Well then, you've come to the right place! Looks like some people scored a couple of looks from the set of Jose Padilha's upcoming reimagining of ROBOCOP. At first I was put off by the initial look of the suite — like everyone else — but it's really starting to grow on me. I'm also a big fan of Kinnaman who I think will surprise a lot of people. It's nice to see a guy as talented as him getting a moment in the spotlight with such a big film. Hopefully it delivers!

In RoboCop, the year is 2029 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the centre of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilises their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex’s life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.

ROBOCOP stars Joel Kinnaman as the title character, Gary Oldman as the scientist who creates RoboCop, and Samuel L. Jackson as media mogul Pat Novak. Right now the film is eyeing a Feb. 7, 2014 release.

Extra Tidbit: Do you have any hope for Padilha's ROBOCOP?
Source: AITH

3:26PM on 05/15/2013

The Tick!

He looks like the short-lived live action "The Tick"! Cut the antennas and murk it out and that is the freakin' tick! Truly awful.

11:44AM on 05/15/2013
Poor Kinnaman. The outfit still looks awful to me, but I am willing to see it because Joel kicks ass. He and Mireille Enos made the Killing watchable.

8:35AM on 05/14/2013

Power Ranger

I'm not sure yet what to think about this reboot! The first Robocop is a classic wich doesn't need a reboot because it's still powerfull enough today. The other thing i'm worried about is the suit, the Original suit worked because it didn't look like a body armour but more like a robot, the joints on the arms and legs didn't match a normal person and peter weller was a perfect cyborg with little emotion. This looks more like a power ranger or a fully geared up GI Joe. I guess i have to wait and see it in motion in the first teaser before i make up my mind what to think about the new RoboCop....i like Joel Kinnaman though!

7:50AM on 05/14/2013
These pictures are a joke, right? This can't be anyone's idea of Robocop.
These pictures are a joke, right? This can't be anyone's idea of Robocop.

8:04PM on 05/13/2013
What I don't get is why the director decides to have Robocop's right hand as normal hand instead of black hand as part of the costume? It looks very out of place.

6:01PM on 05/13/2013