MTV's Scream: Season three will be a reboot w/ a new storyline & cast

7 days agoby: Mike Sprague
100%

I've been waiting for the day when I can report on the upcoming third season of MTV's SCREAM: The Series. While I have taken a lot of flack for loving the series as much as I do, I cannot help it. SCREAM is my favorite horror movie and I have always said even if they made a Saturday morning cartoon version of SCREAM, I would watch that sh*te with a bowl of Ghostface cereal every Saturday morning.

I loved the first two seasons so much in fact that I hosted a weekly series on the Fright Flicks YouTube channel called "Scream The TV Series: Killer Theories", where every week I dissected the episodes to guess the killer. I was right both seasons (just sayin').

Plus this kill was gnarly af.

Anyhow, today we get news that the upcoming third season will be rebooting the series with a new storyline and new cast. The project is still looking for a new showrunner, who may or may not choose to reference events and characters from the first two seasons, but Deadline is reporting the idea is to start fresh. Supposedly the series regulars have been given permission to take other jobs, with series star Willa Fitzgerald already cast as a regular on FOX's BEHIND ENEMY LINES series.

MTV and Dimension had no comment.

Scream was renewed for season three in October with a 6-episodes (down from the season one's 10 and season 2's 12). Jill Blotevogal and Jaime Paglia served as showrunners on Season 1, and Michael Gans and Richard Register were showrunners on season two. Although I firmly believe season two was a major step up from season one, the second season only drew HALF the viewers of season one.

I'll let you guys know when I hear more about SCREAM Season 3. Until then you can binge-watch the first two season on Netflix streaming right now.

Give season 2 a chance! Enjoy!

BINGE-WATCH MTV's SCREAM: The Series HERE

The three best characters; Brooke, Noah, and Audrey.

Extra Tidbit: Scream S1E9 was directed by Ti West.
Source: Deadline

4:08AM on 03/21/2017
I hated Emma and her lack of character but loved Brooke Aubrey and Noah plus stavo cuz #Dreamy. Saying that I wished they would have wrapped up their story before moving onto a new one because theres nothing worse than an unfinished story.

4:43PM on 03/22/2017
I dont know what happened to the second half of my comment after #dreamy but i had to edit and say it again cuz it got deleted.
10:01AM on 03/20/2017
Damn, I think the show hit its stride in S2 when it split from MTV. Shame the main 3 (pic above) won't be in it.

5:26AM on 03/18/2017
I really like the show too, but if their rebooting it then is it really season 3? Will any of the things from the first two seasons be mentioned in the third season? New mask?

12:38AM on 03/18/2017
This show was better than I expected. It being on MTV I thought it'd be stuffed full of high school nonsense with a kill every couple episodes, but they went pretty gnarly with the kills on it. I'm glad they are rebooting, it wouldn't make sense to keep having killings here and it not to become a much bigger deal. I'm also fine with this as I felt season 2 was much weaker than season 1, and the reveal of the killer for season 2 was just a mess.

Ferguson, Rebecca