Must Watch: Teaser trailer for zombie video game Dead Island

02.16.2011by: Eric Walkuski
100%

My word, this is awesome. Easily one of the best trailers I've ever seen for a video game, this DEAD ISLAND preview will give you an equal helping of chills and thrills. Not content to simply sell the upcoming game, it also aims to get under your skin and not just with the usual gore and zombie-mangling; folks, this isn't necessarily fun in the truest sense of the word, but it's bloody good all the same.

The Xbox game doesn't have a release date yet, but it does have the following synopsis: Dead Island is a non-linear first-person shooter in which you find yourself on an island plunged into chaos. It's a place where the word "dead" has an entirely new meaning. Face the nightmare and fight for survival.

Use anything you find in your surroundings as a weapon. Make decisions that influence the entire world around you, take advantage of opponent behavior and game physics, and explore the secrets hidden in the darkest regions of the island.

We'll certainly be keeping an eye on this one... Speaking of eyes, get ready to dab them after watching this stirring trailer!

Extra Tidbit: So what's your take on this?
Source: IGN

5:10AM on 02/18/2011

Cool Find!

All I can say is Neat-O!
All I can say is Neat-O!

12:41PM on 02/17/2011

Nice!

This made me misty eyed and gave me a boner. That doesn't make me wierd does it? I'm definitely going to get this game.

8:01AM on 02/17/2011

HOT DAMN!

I thought this game was never coming out! Dead Island was vaporware for a very long time - the first teaser, four years ago, gave it a 2008 release, and nothing was heard from it since.

Glad to see it's not only not dead, but also looking fucking awesome!

Glad to see it's not only not dead, but also looking fucking awesome!

6:33PM on 02/16/2011

amazing

that was amazing
that was amazing

6:18PM on 02/16/2011
Holy shit... that was amazing! Hell that was beautiful! Idk if the game itself will be that "emotional" but either way, this trailer can stand alone as an amazing short film!

6:13PM on 02/16/2011

4:54PM on 02/16/2011
Holy fuck!
Holy fuck!

4:39PM on 02/16/2011
I find it hard to think of words that would do that justice. A few mins of footage has more soul than most recent zombie flicks i have seen.

beautiful, wether the game will be good is another story. But for now I am happy.

Lowndes, Jessica