NSFW trailer for The Void features gruesome gore FXs

02.15.2017by: Mike Sprague
100%

THE VOID is being sold as "an homage to classic John Carpenter films" and, boy does the flick look cool. And gross. And gory. And insanely awesome. That said, while the film does evoke John Carpenter for sure, I was getting more of a Lucio Fulci's THE BEYOND vibe from the totally NSFW trailer below.

I don't have to explain to horror fans that any film, or trailer for that matter, evokes John Carpenter's THE THING, ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 and Lucio Fulci's THE BEYOND is a must-see asap.

While the film does not currently have an US release info, I'll do my best to keep you up to date on any news I hear regarding THE VOID. This just shot (near) the top of my must-see list.

THE VOID tells the story of...

Officer Daniel Carter (Aaron Poole) happens upon a blood-soaked figure limping down a deserted stretch of road while he’s in the middle of a routine patrol. He rushes the young man to a nearby rural hospital staffed by a skeleton crew, only to discover that patients and personnel are transforming into something inhuman. As the horror intensifies, Carter leads the other survivors on a hellish voyage into the subterranean depths of the hospital in a desperate bid to end the nightmare before it’s too late.

Written and directed by Jeremy Gillespie and Steven Kostanski, and starring Aaron Poole, Ellen Wong (pictured below), Kathleen Munroe, Stephanie Belding, and Kenneth Welsh, THE VOID hits UK theaters on March 31st and on VOD platforms April 24th.

Again, I'll let you know when there is news on the US release.

Extra Tidbit: THE VOID star Ellen Wong also starred in SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD as Knives
Source: Empire

10:32AM on 02/19/2017

I'm sold!

I added this flick to my Must-See list halfway through this short-ass trailer. Anything that even remotly looks/feels like Carpenter and/or Fulchi has me screaming "Shut up and take me money" (or other such out-dated memes). The last flick that evoked these two genre legends was WE ARE STILL HERE and, boy, did that flick end up delivering the goods. If you, somehow, haven't seen WE ARE STILL HERE yet, check it out on Netflix. You will not be disappointed. Barbra Crampton plus ghost-gore. 9/10

11:15AM on 02/16/2017
I've got to watch this movie!
I've got to watch this movie!

10:26AM on 02/19/2017
Dude, right?!?! Holy sh*t this got added to my Must-See list halfway through the trailer. Have you seen the NEW trailer they just put out (I'll try to post it here tomorrow). It is insane! Can't wait!
7:45AM on 02/16/2017

Solid film

I saw this a few weeks back here in Pittsburgh, pretty incredible practical effects. The story is eerily similar to Event Horizon with obvious splashes of The Thing and In the Mouth of Madness, and some of the resolutions we get to a couple plot lines were not the payoff I wanted to see, but overall I really liked this one.

10:29AM on 02/19/2017
You've seen this? So fuc*ing jealous, dude... As far as the story being to similar to EVENT HORIZON (and hopefully you get what I mean by asking this) do you mean that in a good way, or a bad way? I love EVENT HORIZON, but felt they could have pushed it much further. Is this the film that finally takes the potential of that flick and makes good on it? I hope so!
10:42PM on 02/15/2017

looks good

there's a TON of other flicks also called "THE VOID" they couldnt have chosen a more creative title?

10:24AM on 02/19/2017
Yeah, I get you, dude. That said, I took it as an homage to the simple titles of classic 80s films like THE FLY, THE BLOB, THE THING, THE BEYOND, etc. But I agree, maybe THE VOID is a little TOO generic. Still looks like a fuc*ing blast though!

Ferguson, Rebecca