Original Predator getting 3D Blu-ray treatment; no new film coming

Jul. 15, 2013by: Ryan Miller

There goes all the excitement! In case you missed it, earlier today we hit you guys with the news that the official PREDATORS Facebook page released a teaser image with the caption "Something is Coming. #HuntThePredator" in anticipation for its Comic-Con showing. While we so desperately wanted this to be a teaser for a new film, it turns out that it's just for the upcoming 3D PREDATOR Blu-ray. Bummer. Read on for more details.

Hero Complex got word on just what to expect from PREDATOR at this year's Comic-Con writing, "To mark the 3-D Blu-ray release of the 1987 Arnold Schwarzenegger-starring “Predator,” Fox is dedicating a jungle-themed booth to the film and its iconic extra-terrestrial. “Predator” fans will be able to purchase custom-designed mini-figurines featuring their likeness. Because what fan wouldn’t want to see his or her own decapitated head, spine still attached, being held up by a Predator? The action figures will be created using photographs of participants (taken at the booth) and 3-D printing. The figurines will be mailed to buyers after the convention. The booth will also feature a Comic-Con exclusive “Predator 3D” head as well as the opportunity to pre-order the Blu-ray."

Sounds like Fox is going to have a pretty cool set-up for the PREDATOR booth at Comic-Con but it's certainly not what we were all hoping it would be.

Extra Tidbit: Are you guys disappointed by this news?
Source: Hero Complex

10:37AM on 07/16/2013
So this is what it feels like to get your balls cut off RIGHT before you come. Nice.

8:43AM on 07/16/2013

thanks fox....

...for that incomplete hand job.
...for that incomplete hand job.

4:18AM on 07/16/2013
Well that sucks I really wanted a new movie! 3d Blu ray is no good to me . I like the idea of having your head in a predator hand toy thingy to bad I'm no where near the place

10:09PM on 07/15/2013

Lame!

I don't know anyone who has a 3D set or 3D Blu-ray player. I can't imagine this is going to sell gangbusters. Check out Twitter... everyone was psyched at the prospect of a new Predator movie. Get with it, Fox!

2:20AM on 07/16/2013
Yeah, I'm with you, man. New movie would be nice. Heck, even a new Predators video game would be nice.
8:34PM on 07/15/2013

If it bleeds, we can ...sell it.

Would love to see another Predator film. Dammit!
Would love to see another Predator film. Dammit!

8:30PM on 07/15/2013
BOO!!
BOO!!

8:16PM on 07/15/2013

Gah!

Damn double posting.
Damn double posting.

8:15PM on 07/15/2013

If it bleeds, we can ...sell it.

Would love to see another Predator film. Dammit!
Would love to see another Predator film. Dammit!

Palvin, Barbara