Ready to run away from zombies in a 5K obstacle course? Run for your lives!

4 years agoby: Jared Pacheco
100%

Well folks it's the weekend, and it seems like we've brought you most of, if not all the genre news worth reporting out there. So what could I possibly be here to tell you now? Oh... to RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Seriously people, I'm here to tell you about an event called RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, which is a 5K obstacle course filled with... zombies! You read that right folks, zombies! Or... people acting like zombies. But let's not take away from the illusion.

Protect your brain and run for your life. This is one race where your legs giving out are the least of your problems. Run For Your Lives is a first-of-its-kind event, one part 5K, one part obstacle course, one part escaping the clutches of zombies and all parts awesome.

Runners will navigate a series of 12 obstacles throughout a 5K course in an attempt to reach the finish line all while avoiding zombies. At the end of this adventure race, you get to celebrate survival (or zombie transformation) with live entertainment and music, local celebrities, vendors, food, and of course, beer!

That's the just of it. Pretty badass right? We've even got a promo video for the thing directly below and over in our videos section. You'll want to check that out.

The event will be spreading across the country into 2012 but right now the only scheduled race is set for October 22nd in Baltimore. More locations will pop up as the months roll on. Right now only two obstacles from the course have been announced: A sewer-esque feel in 'The Terrible Tubes' and a fence to overcome called 'The Finish Line.' More obstacles are to be announced.

So what says you guys? This thing interest you as much as it does me? If so you'll definitely want to check out RUN FOR YOUR LIVES' official website and Facebook for more info!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES (2011) - Promo
Extra Tidbit: If this race were to come around your area would you participate?

8:16PM on 07/31/2011
nice promotional video!
nice promotional video!

7:00PM on 07/31/2011
I signed up to do this 5k last weekend! I cannot wait!!!
I signed up to do this 5k last weekend! I cannot wait!!!

5:39PM on 07/31/2011

Spilled blood

My friend just told me about this, but I just moved to california so I cant participate this year (cant afford to come back this year) but next year i'm totally going back to the east coast for this, that is if it doesnt come out west

3:32PM on 07/31/2011
This should become an Olympic event. Seriously though, this is an amazing idea and it sounds like more fun than two whores in a hotel room!

11:49AM on 07/31/2011
That may be the best idea ever. (OK cheese and the wheel are pretty good but way less cool) Wish I was in better shape. "what are you training for Marathon?" "F no Zombie 5K bitches" I hope it does go national next year.

Martinez, Natalie