Rob Zombie says Lords of Salem is his last horror movie for a long time

May. 2, 2013by: Eric Walkuski

A few days ago we heard Rob Zombie lament his experiences on the HALLOWEEN films and also about his aborted take on THE BLOB. Today, the director is making waves of a different sort, saying that he won't be making another horror movie for a good long while.

In an interview with the Phoenix New Times, Zombie is asked if he ever plans on doing a monster movie (given his fondness for the Universal horror flicks of the 30s). Zombie's response:

No. I'm not really thinking of doing anything . . . Lords of Salem is my last sort of horror-genre related film for a really long time."

I know some of you won't be shedding any tears over that particular statement...

Also of interest: Zombie talks about his favorite films (from his own catalogue):

I thought Devil's Rejects was my most complete vision at that moment in time. And then I really loved Halloween II; a lot of Halloween fans had a problem with it; but I really loved the movie. And now Lords of Salem I really love.

It's either Devil's Rejects or Lords of Salem, though, I think, because they both came from a really original place that wasn't based on anything that had been created before.

Feel free to discuss Zombie's departure from the horror genre in the comment section below.

Extra Tidbit: Zombie's next is the hockey comedy BROAD STREET BULLIES. You interested?

1:44PM on 05/05/2013

OmegaMan

While I will agree that Devil's Rejects and Halloween ll were his best, I guess you can only make so many shitty films before you have to quit.

12:52PM on 05/05/2013
Cool, because he's not very good at it.
Cool, because he's not very good at it.

4:10PM on 05/04/2013

Well

He should not have his wife in any of his future movies. She isn't a very good actress.

2:44AM on 05/04/2013
I was gonna say ths mofo needs to do a comedy for real!
I was gonna say ths mofo needs to do a comedy for real!

1:15AM on 05/04/2013
I actually like him better for his ability to get quality performances out of his actors and craft memorable characters. I think Broad Street Bullies is exactly the right project for him.

9:12PM on 05/02/2013

Z

The best choice he ever made!
The best choice he ever made!

7:36PM on 05/02/2013
I love Zombie's horror films, but he is growing as a director and I'm very much looking forward to seeing him tackle a non-genre movie. Bring on BROAD STREET BULLIES!

7:31PM on 05/02/2013

Finally!

Thank you jesus! His movies are such POS. I don't see how he has made it this far.

7:30PM on 05/02/2013
Thank you jesus! I hate his movies. Such pieces of shit. I don't see how he continues.

3:25PM on 05/02/2013
Gee ....that's a shame .
Gee ....that's a shame .

3:00PM on 05/02/2013
Oh, I'm sorry. He was making horror movies?
Oh, I'm sorry. He was making horror movies?

2:19PM on 05/02/2013
I may not have always liked his movies (Halloween for example), but he has some nice/freakish visions, and most of all, he is bold, not holding back. The Devil's Rejects is one the better horror movies of last 10 years. And give me RZ movie over Stepfather/Prom Night kind of remake crap anyday.

So him doing a hockey comedy... I'm interested.

So him doing a hockey comedy... I'm interested.

1:59PM on 05/02/2013

maybe

*Crosses fingers* Please make a family friendly film or a Julia Roberts Rom/Com next.

Vergara, Sofia