Scully herself reports X-Files 3 is "looking pretty good"

Aug. 27, 2012by: Ike Oden

I approach this story with kid gloves, as anyone familiar with Arrow In The Head knows our Grand Poobah wants to believe a third X-FILES is in our future. Based on recent tweets from Dana Scully actress Gillian Anderson, the next entry in the franchise may finally be shaping up.

”I met with Chris before coming here and it’s looking pretty good.” Though the principals all seem to be on board, she noted the project will likely take some studio coercion: “We have to convince FOX,” she noted.

This is hot on the heels of a recent interview with David Duchovny where he stated, “I know I’m kind of perplexed Fox isn’t more [enthusiastic]”, a statement that was met with a resounding eye roll from everyone who saw X-FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE and left the theater feeling hoodwinked.

I myself more than welcome a third X-FILES film, if only to bring some closure to the series and films. We all know why X-FILES isn’t being fast tracked for theatrical release. It’s a cult property, a 90s television phenomenon that simply isn’t relevant enough to modern movie fans. If we get a straight-to-video sequel to the franchise, I think the majority of fans would be satisfied. Especially if it works in the Flukeman-- that thing was f*cking scary as hell.

And hey, how about a foxy picture of Gillian Anderson to brighten up your Monday morning?

Extra Tidbit: "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" was my favorite episode of the series. Yours?
Source: Twitter

12:19PM on 08/28/2012

"Small Potatoes"

I'd have to think about my No. 1 favorite episode, but that's definitely one of 'em. It's my favorite of the 'comedy' ones to be sure.

Thanks for that pic, it DID brighten up my day! ;D

Thanks for that pic, it DID brighten up my day! ;D

8:47AM on 08/28/2012

just let it go

The last X-Files movie was already way too late after the end of the show - and it disappointed by just being an extended episode without any cinematic feel to it and worse: no closure to the story of the show.
There will never be real closure to all the mysteries of the show. Like LOST's Lindelof Chris Carter only piled up questions and wtf moments without ever having a real conclusion or answer for any of that. Reanimating the franchise won't help. Just let it rest in piece

6:03AM on 08/28/2012

Please

I really hope they get another movie done. It was my favorite show ever, and they could really send it off the way it deserves. Wrap up every lose end like few TV franchises get to do.

6:04AM on 08/28/2012
loose end*
loose end*
5:55AM on 08/28/2012

My favorite episode was

Jose Chung From Outer Space.
Jose Chung From Outer Space.

5:44AM on 08/28/2012

flukeman..

..was the toilet monster, right?
i remember as a kid making jokes about him at school.
gotta watch that episode again.
..was the toilet monster, right?
i remember as a kid making jokes about him at school.
gotta watch that episode again.

2:08PM on 08/27/2012
Fox is a studio I'll never understand. They rarely take the risks to go balls out with franchises especially genre franchises. They don't seem to "get" them. See X Men 3 for how they scupper what could have been an awesome dark storyline (The Dark Knight of that franchise) in favour of a game of spot your favourite mutant. X Files should be a real cash cow for them yet they are too scared they can't tie in a McDonald's deal with it now. Sigh. To be fair it was one of the few genre shows they actually gave agood run to - let's not go down the Firefly road......

Vergara, Sofia