One of the more beloved of the non-HALLOWEEN Jamie Lee Curtis horror flicks, PROM NIGHT is making its way to Blu-ray via Synapse Films on September 9th. The details for the disc have boogied their way in; give them a peek below.
Synapse has remastered and restored the Paul Lynch-helmed movie in 2K from the original camera negative, presenting it in 1.78:1 widescreen (1080p hi-def on the Blu-ray), with an all-new 5.1 Surround mix plus the original 2.0 mono sound.
The special features are:
• Audio commentary by Lynch and screenwriter William Gray
• “The Horrors of Hamilton High: The Making of PROM NIGHT” featurette
• Collection of additional scenes added for television broadcast
• Never-before-seen outtakes from PROM NIGHT (exclusive to Blu-ray)
• Motion still gallery (exclusive to Blu-ray)
• Original theatrical trailer and television spots
In case you've never seen this beauty, here's what it's about:
Four Hamilton High School seniors have been hiding the truth of what happened to ten-year-old Robin Hammond for six long years. But someone saw what they did and is preparing for revenge--a prom night killing spree. Hooded, masked, and wielding an axe, he'll stalk his prey in the dark, empty halls, striking when his victims are alone. And just as the spotlight falls upon the newly crowned king and queen, the killer will show everyone what his favorite game to play is…
Look for PROM NIGHT to carve things up in September.