Sorry Jack, Chucky's back! Child's Play 6 happening!

Jun. 23, 2012by: The Arrow

Our brothers in gore at Bloody Disgusting just learned that casting for CHILD'S PLAY 6 is in the works. The project is titled CURSE OF CHUCKY (which is written, directed and produced by Chuck's daddy DON MANCINI) and is slated to start shooting in Winnipeg, Canada this September. Brad Dourif will be back as the voice of the doll with the most, the tone will be akin to the original trilogy and here's the plot so far:

A family gathers for a funeral, only to be met with an insane bloodbath caused by the infamous Chucky.

The casting breakdown looks like this:

Nica a young wheelchair-bound girl who receives the doll.
Ian, the father and Nica’s brother-in-law. He is suspicious that his wife is cheating on him.
Barb is a mean-spiritied and greedy woman, she is Nica’s older sister.
Jill is the lead and is a nanny having a secret affair with Barb.
Sarah is Nica’s mother, she commits suicide.

Sounds good to us! Knock em Don!

Chucky's broad with two aces in her deck!

Extra Tidbit: I hope this sequel MURDERS the once planned CHILD'S PLAY remake!

Related Articles

1:36PM on 06/26/2012

HELL YES!

This is awesome! I definitely prefer a sequel to a reboot. Reboots suck 90% of the time. And why reboot something that doens't suck?!?! And may I also add Jennifer Tilly is one sexy mama!

7:24PM on 06/25/2012

eh...

Chucky needs a reboot. I don't think they're going to get an audience for ANOTHER sequel. Just reboot it, make it fresh, and they'll get mula.

2:19PM on 06/25/2012
Hmmmm would feel much better if this was heading to theatres rather than DTDVD. Like some other posters as much as remakes get a bad rep this was actually one I felt would benefit the series, I had fun and still really like Bride but Son was just too far in all areas for all the wrong reasons. One occasion I'd actually prefer a remake to a sequel.

8:59PM on 06/24/2012

Finally!!

I'm ecstatic to see a legit sequel with all of these remakes in the works, and especially to Chucky! Everything so far is lining up perfectly so far, so let's hope things stay that way and we get a great sequel.

6:19PM on 06/24/2012

well see
well see

6:03PM on 06/24/2012
Posted twice for some reason, please ignore this one.
Posted twice for some reason, please ignore this one.

5:31PM on 06/24/2012
I am excited to see another Child's Play movie, as these movies are what originally got into horror films. Most kids were watching cartoons while I usually snuck my parents copy of Child's Play on VHS and watched that instead lol. Anyways I personally was hoping for a reboot, I know remakes haven't really been great lately but if Don Mancini could do it then maybe we would get better sequels than what we got with Child's Play 2 & 3 (Don't get me wrong I enjoyed these 2 sequels but I just know in the back of my head what was wrong with these movies and could of been so much better, If it wasnt for the fact that it was Child's Play I prolly would of hated them). There was way too much cheese in those sequels, especially the acting from the actors. I am hoping this one turns out good, I am soooo glad Don Mancini decided to stay away from the comedy side of the series.

9:00AM on 06/24/2012
I just learned that this will be direct-to-DVD... which dulls my excitement a little, but I'm still pumped, since Brad's still in it, Don's still writing it, and they claim it will take the series back to it's roots, play down the campy tone, and try to make it scary again.

7:26PM on 06/23/2012
Hell yes! One of the few series out there that hasn't been remade. Glad they're sticking with the original character and stories. This rules. Now if only we can go back and get sequels to the original series of Friday, Nightmare and Halloween maybe we can get the horror world back on track.

6:39PM on 06/23/2012
Lets hope it goes back to basics and its not like the last child play film which was soooooo bad and not the good kinda bad.

6:28PM on 06/23/2012

Always up for more Chucky.

Curious if Glen and Tiffany will be back, or if this'll go back to the basics like the first three films.

6:28PM on 06/23/2012
This sounds like a friggin' Tales From The Crypt episode.
This sounds like a friggin' Tales From The Crypt episode.

Shayk, Irina