The Evil Dead red-band trailer is here! It will swallow your soul!

Oct. 24, 2012by: Eric Walkuski
100%

Here it is, folks! The much ballyhooed red-band trailer for Fede Alvarez's EVIL DEAD remake. No words necessary, just watch and enjoy!

In the much anticipated remake of the 1981 cult-hit horror film, five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin. When they discover a Book of the Dead, they unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival.

EVIL DEAD stars Jane Levy, Shiloh Fernandez, Lou Taylor Pucci, Jessica Lucas and Elizabeth Blackmore; it's due to hit theaters on April 12, 2013.

Extra Tidbit: What do you think of the EVIL DEAD trailer? Does the remake look like another "ultimate experience in grueling terror"?!
Source: IGN

Related Articles

9:30AM on 10/25/2012

it looks fantastic

i just want to chime in and say i think the trailer is fucking awesome. The final movie might not be, but the trailer is really, really good. and to be perfectly honest, i don't mind them remaking Evil Dead. I love the original, but it has some pretty shitty acting. It was a gorefest for the time, but all these years later even that has been outdone. And people complain so much about Ash changing, but really guys, Ash didn't get COOL until part 2 and 3. Now, if someone ever tries to remake Evil Dead 2 as a horror comedy with a charasmatic lead character, it will fail horribly. But as for this grimy horror remake, i'm stoked.

1:23AM on 10/25/2012

i am so totally down for this one

i think we were all morbidly curious and waiting for a trailer with baited breath, cautiously optimistic... oh, wait.. no we weren't... we were bashing the fuck out of this film at every turn.
Looks damn good though... they only really spotlighted two of the five actors though... shame, i'm really going to miss Ash this time out.
cant we just call this Evil Dead IV and call it a day?
cant we just call this Evil Dead IV and call it a day?

1:21AM on 10/25/2012

i am so...

hey guys how DO you delete a double post?
hey guys how DO you delete a double post?

11:40PM on 10/24/2012
Badass. I'm in.
Badass. I'm in.

9:06PM on 10/24/2012
I dig what I see. Plenty of red stuff flowing. The tone seems totally different but it looks like there's some cool scenes that call back to the original. From what I seen, it's poised to be a solid flick despite being done twice before

4:26PM on 10/24/2012

I have to admit...

It looks very very strong...also it may be actually scary in contrast to the original which was unintentionally funny. And Don't get me wrong i like the Evil Dead movies..but I don't think they meant the first one to be funny like it was.

1:23AM on 10/25/2012
i never really thought the first one was unintentionally funny... i mean a tree rape scene? funny? unintentionally? nah... the film was low budget sure but unintentionally funny? no way... that was Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn
and that really wasnt unintentional.
and that really wasnt unintentional.
3:32PM on 10/24/2012
I think it looks great. With that if you give me the option between having this Evil Dead remake or having them same skills applied to an original horror film, I would pick the latter.

2:17PM on 10/24/2012

AWESOME TRAILER!

That is one great trailer and it shows some nice gore, which all looks to be practical...NICE!

But I can't say I'm sold on the movie just yet, but that is still one really well-done trailer.

Dusku, Eliza