BOOTLEG TRAILER HAS BEEN REMOVED AT REQUEST OF STUDIO
Wow...here's a first. Of all the time writing for AITH, I don't believe I've ever heard or wrote about a trailer description. Of course, when it comes to Ridley Scott and his grandiose return to the cosmos, new ground must be broken. Somehow then this makes sense.
Anyway, a cat over Avpgalaxy.net got to lay eyes on a one-minute trailer, newly cut, for PROMETHEUS. He calls it a blend of new footage, Comic-con retreads and scenes from the leaked teaser trailer. And that's just the beginning of an exhaustive bullet-point outline of exactly what goes in the trailer. Want more? Here's some highlights... but before that, the ACTUAL trailer in bootleg format:
• The first scene shows a spaceship (similar to the one seen in the first leaked trailer) flying towards a planet on the background.
• Next you see is the surface of a planet and some sort of facility. It kinda looks like a Lunar base to me.
• Now they show this scene from the Comic-con footage.
• You can see the film’s title forming in the background during most of the trailer. Pretty much like in the introductory scene of Alien.
• Next is the Ampule room. They show it off from all different angles and finally a close up of the ampules. Suddenly you hear a high pitch scream. It’s not human. It sounds like if it was from a facehugger. Then there’s a lot of smoke from what seems to be acid corrosion. They show a guy in a spacesuit. He’s alone. Screaming and putting his hands over his helmet. It looks just like the Kane/derelict scene in Alien.
• Next you see is some grey-black serpent like creature. Jumping ala facehugger from some sort of grey-goo cavity. Now they show the whole scene. There’s two guys in their spacesuits. One lying on the ground (it seems to be the impregnated guy from earlier) and another one checking on him. The creature jumps from what seems to be the insides of the previous impregnated guy to the other one.
• Now they show someone with a expression of pain. The guy is still in his spacesuit and someone appears to be holding him in their arms.
• Now you can see a device or hologram of some sort. It looks like an atom or a planet. I’m not sure if it’s a planet or just some molecular structure tbh. The center of the hologram is a single sphere so it should be a planet system. Probably the coordinates to some other world.
• The words “They went looking”
• The derelict again. It’s vertical to the ground. It would be impossible to enter it from the same place as in Alien.
• The words “for earth’s beginning”
• Still on the same planet. The derelict (or something really big) seems to be falling down from above. The guy in the spacesuit is running away now. Trying not to get crushed.
• The words “what they found”
• There show two guys running away now.
• The words “could be its the end”
• They show the same guys again. Running away from what appears to be a huge gigerish structure (it feels like it’s moving but it’s hard to tell). Perhaps the derelict in flight. There’s a lot of smoke. What appears to be debris on fire are falling from above. They keep running away from it.
• The music reminded me a lot of the one from Inception (the ‘horns sounds’). But mixed with what appears to be the music from the original trailer for Alien. Same music during all the trailer.
Sounds pretty cool, doesn't it. Definitely seems like Ridley is in familiar territory, at the same time intent on making something as awesomely timeless as his 1979 classic. I cannot wait to see the actual trailer. When it crosses, you'll have it to look at. Until then, here's the ENTIRE DESCRIPTION of the trailer.
PROMETHEUS comes out June 8th.
Charlize is hotter than Prometheus!