WTF!: We nudge Neil Marshall's The Descent (2006)

01.19.2012by: The Arrow

WTF! is a new bi-weekly Arrowinthehead.com video column that takes a look at and beats the shite out of scenes from horror movies that either A- Make no goddamn sense. Or B. That have characters do really f*cking stupid things. Tap the video below and say it with us: WTF!

CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL OF OUR PREVIOUS "WTF!"

12:56AM on 01/20/2012
It was great for her character, but I understand where you're coming from with the reasoning behind it. Very stupid especially since she's stuck right in the muck as well. Still love that movie to death though. Great job guys.

9:37PM on 01/19/2012

'127 Hours' problem

always tell someone where you're going!
WTF Juno! You're a bitch lol!

Great movie!
always tell someone where you're going!
WTF Juno! You're a bitch lol!

Great movie!

2:37PM on 01/19/2012
WalkAway and LockeAway strike again , good stuff Kids , but this WAS more a case of Ego than anything , and was integral to establishing Miss Mendoza's ' JUNO ' character as the receptacle for audience anger and frustration . COOLIO !!

3:21PM on 01/19/2012
completely agree with you on that, it's a great movie and this helps to establish the character of Juno. We were merely looking at it from the view of our characters instead, sorta like the map incident in The Blair Witch Project.
2:15PM on 01/19/2012
Agreed! But the best bit of the video was Jamie saying "That girl's a bitch!". Love it haha.

6:33PM on 01/19/2012
agreed!
agreed!
12:25PM on 01/19/2012
Another great WTF.
I actually DO like this scene...but I do agree, what the fuck was Juno thinking ;) This scene helped set up her character even more.
Another great WTF.

6:34PM on 01/19/2012
It does set up her character. Her stupid, stupid character :)
It does set up her character. Her stupid, stupid character :)
10:37AM on 01/19/2012
After this scene, me no like Juno.
After this scene, me no like Juno.

9:09AM on 01/19/2012

Don't agree on this one...

Don't agree with you guys on this one. It's not stupidity but Juno's enormous ego and intense arrogance that led her to bring her friends to the unexplored system. It's a foolish move but makes sense considering how egotistical the character of Juno is. It works to not only set up the plot but, sets Juno up as the villain for the climax. In this case I humbly believe this plot element works perfectly in context of the character and the story.

10:08AM on 01/19/2012
We note how we agree that the decision was essential to the plot, but as a life choice, it was a poor one, and from the POV of the other characters, it was a WTF moment.
10:17AM on 01/19/2012
From the perspective of the other characters POV,I agree. WTF was definitely what was going through their minds when they learned of Juno's arrogant and dangerous decision. Fair enough!

Dawson, Rosario