Avatar: Discover Pandora will let people travel to Pandora this December
Tired of the same old sandy beaches? Bored of the dull and dreary mountain escapes? Hate the bug-infested, bear-dominated wilderness retreats? Then how would you like to vacation somewhere a little more…out of this world? That’s right, because now you can explore the amazing, alien world of Pandora, the land of the Na’vi and where James Cameron goes when he falls asleep. Of course I'm talking about the fictional world from the largest-grossing movie ever made, AVATAR, which will be the subject of a massive exhibition rolling out on December 7…in Taiwan…at first…I hope.
Yes the “12,000-square-foot entertainment and educational experience” called AVATAR: DISCOVER PANDORA will be unveiled for fans to explore the massive world of Pandora in a museum-like setting with attractions that, according to the press release, will give the audience the ability to:
- Enter an exhibition curated by the Pandoran Research Foundation where they will leave the 21st century behind and step into a 22nd century world of the AVATAR franchise;
- Learn about space travel and the history behind the discovery of Pandora in the Alpha Centauri solar system;
- Explore recreations of Pandora’s most compelling environments showcasing its unique plants and animals and what they can teach us about our own planet;
- Engage in interactive activities based on the culture, language and music of the Na’vi, the nine-foot-plus-tall humanoids who are the indigenous people of Pandora;
- Experience the jewel-like glow of Pandora’s bioluminescent plants and animals;
- Interact with banshees, learn to operate an AMP suit, picture yourself as part of the Avatar Program;
- And more!
Working closely with Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment and Fox Studios, the exhibition will be brought to Taipei, Taiwan, hopefully expanding after that. Kathy Franklin, president of franchise development at Lightstorm, spoke to the power of the exhibition saying:
“Our fans around the world often tell us that they wish they could travel to Pandora, and this touring exhibition gives us a unique opportunity to bring the wonders of Pandora to them. This exhibition has something for everyone, from fans of the film who want to experience Pandora in a brand-new way as they await our four theatrical film sequels, to families looking for an exciting activity, or to school groups wanting to explore science through an inspiring lens.”
I have never been so upset to not live in Taiwan as I am right now. Ever since the first movie debuted in 2009 fans have been dreaming of visiting the fictional world of Pandora, their eyes opened up to the possibility of alien worlds. This desire to gaze upon the beauty of James Cameron's world is what drove the movie to the top of the box office charts, and will no doubt drive up the price of plane tickets to Taiwan.
Do not fret if you don't get a chance to check out the exhibition because the sequels are on the horizon, with the first of four set for 2018.
CLICK IMAGE TO OPEN GALLERY & SEE MORE PICS...
|Source:||Avatar: Discover Pandora|