Blu-ray release of Frank Oz's Little Shop of Horrors reveals an epic alternate ending
It's been a while since I've seen Frank Oz's adaptation of LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS, starring Rick Moranis, Bill Murray, Ellen Green, Steve Martin, John Candy, James Belushi, and Levi Stubbs. As a kid I used to watch it frequently, mostly because it was both hilarious and scary at the same time. A very unique combination. Now, the film is getting the blu-ray treatment, which hits shelves tomorrow, and it includes a very epic alternate 20-minute ending with the infamous Audrey II taking over the world. It reminds me a lot of the alternate ending to James Cameron's THE ABYSS, which was far more mythic than what we saw in theaters.
Check it out (via EW):
The blu-ray release includes:
- Theatrical version of the film with optional commentary
- The Director’s Cut featuring the newly restored 20-minute alternate ending
- Digitally re-mastered picture and 5.1 sound on both versions
- Commentary by director Frank Oz
- Frank Oz and Little Shop of Horrors: The Director's Cut introduction
- A Story of Little Shop of Horrors behind-the-scenes featurette
- Deleted scenes
- Theatrical trailers
If you've never seen the flick, I highly recommend checking it out. It doesn't matter if you're into musicals or not, this is primo stuff, with great performances across the board in a darkly comic tale that's a blast to watch unfold. Click here to preorder from Amazon.
LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS starts feeding you tomorrow, October 9, 2012.
CLICK IMAGE TO OPEN GALLERY & SEE MORE PICS...
|Extra Tidbit:||Where did Rick Moranis get off to?|