Check out potential plot details for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
If anyone is excited for the fifth entry in the Adventures of Jack Sparrow, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES, here are some new plot details that have been discovered surrounding the in progress script from writer Jeff Nathanson. The RUSH HOUR 2 and 3 writer is keeping the same overall format from the first four films, which may immediately turn off those looking for something fresh in the series.
All we know for certain at this point is that KON-TIKI directors Espen Sandberg and Joachim Ronning are helming the film from Nathanson's script and that Johnny Depp will be reprising his most famous role. These additional details, courtesy of Bleeding Cool, give us an idea of where the next film will be sailing:
- Penelope Cruz will not be returning as Angelica. While this could change as the script develops, the female lead is currently described as a woman of science who is accused of being a witch. She will serve as a love interest for Jack Sparrow but that romance is "one-sided".
- Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom are not included in the story, so no Will Turner or Elizabeth Swan. The current young people are scripted as generic subplot fodder and may not make it into the final draft.
- Barbossa will have a significant role. The Geoffrey Rush character will have a partner in crime in the film in the form of a ghost. The spirit will be out for revenge and that is where the DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES title comes into play.
- Witches play a signficiant part of the story but will differ from what we have seen in the franchise to date.
- The Bermuda Triangle will play a part in the story.
So, while these details are very specific in nature, they could also be scrapped in the final version. Disney seems to still be planning on beginning production on the film in 2014 and only delaying the film's release to 2016. I would be all for delaying everything, but that would put a crimp in Johnny Depp's upcoming projects. Could Disney sit on a project this big for that long? It remains to be seen. For now, what do you think of these potential details for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES?