Comic Con 2012: The Walking Dead Panel!
This was probably the biggest deal, out of a lot of big deals, for me this weekend. Knowing I had to wait until October to get Season 3 of 'The Walking Dead' has been tearing me apart for weeks. Especially now that issue 100 of the comic has come and gone, it feels like one long massive quiet before the (next) storm. So I gladly shoved my ass into a chair in the dreaded Hall H and waited hours for my introduction to Woodbury, Michonne, The Governor, and a chance to get reacquainted with old friends. They did not disappoint. The panel was one of the biggest I've ever seen with, almost, the entire cast taking part. Andrew Lincoln, Sarah Wayne Callies, Laurie Holden, Steven Yeun, Norman Reedus, Lauren Cohan, and newcomers David Morrissey & Danai Gurira represented the cast. Robert Kirkman, Glen Mazzara, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero, and Dave Alpert represented the production side of things. And then we were off.
- Chris Hardwick moderated (and did a great job by the way) and started things off by asking Kirkman about the backlash of the fans about the first half of season 2. Kirkman promises that season 3 starts at the level season 2 left off, and doesn't stop.
- Greg Nicotero says the decomposition of the zombies is really starting to become more relevant in the show. For the first time, he gets to use animatronic puppets in this season.
- Nicotero added that he gets to direct this season too. He just finished his first episode, written by Angela Kang, and boasts that it features a "few" iconic moments from the comic book.
- Mazzara takes a break in the action to announce that the show will be returning Sunday, October 14th, 2012.
- The Season 3 Trailer. Holy crap.
- If you're too lazy to click or have an internet connection provided by MTV, I'll highlight it for you.
- Michonne being badass and taking out two zombies with one slash of her katana sword.
- Rick and Daryl discovering the prison.
- Many shots of the group clearing the prison of zombies. Everybody equally badass.
- An introduction to the Governor and Woodbury.
- The Ricktatorship in full effect as he claims "You're not getting in this Prison. We took it. It's ours"
- Face-to-face with Rick and the Governor where Rick threatens his life.
- Lots of zombie death.
- A helicopter crash.
- A campfire song.
- Carl, locked and loaded.
- And the return of Merle, with a homemade hand.
CLICK IMAGE TO OPEN GALLERY & SEE MORE PICS...