Gareth Evans says The Raid 3 "isn't going to be happening anytime soon"
THE RAID 2 was released two years after the first movie, however we're going to have to wait a little longer than that for the next film. Fans have apparently been asking director Gareth Evans when to expect THE RAID 3 on Twitter, and while he does say he has ideas for the follow-up (Evans has previously said the sequel will start two hours before THE RAID 2 ends), he also says it probably isn't going to happen until 2018 or 2019.
. @GundamFan4Life The Raid 3 isn’t going to be happening anytime soon. Ideas in my head. Nothing written. No set date. 2018/19 possibly.— Gareth Evans (@ghuwevans) January 21, 2015
It's too bad we're going to have to wait a few years for THE RAID 3, but it's not like Gareth Evans isn't working on other projects. He's currently scouting locations for his gangster movie BLISTER, and is attached to direct the heist film BREAKING THE BANK for Universal.
Although I do want another movie, I don't want Evans just to be known as "THE RAID guy," so part of me is glad he isn't trying to rush the film into production, and I'm sure THE RAID 3 will be well worth the wait.
CLICK IMAGE TO OPEN GALLERY & SEE MORE PICS...