Has the big screen line-up for Justice League been revealed?
JUSTICE LEAGUE is probably the most rumored about movie after STAR WARS: EPISODE VII at this point. Both films have huge potential that rests firmly on the right choices for directing and acting. But, where STAR WARS is already an established money-maker, DC Comics and Warner Bros. are still gambling with JUSTICE LEAGUE. Assuming MAN OF STEEL goes well this summer, JUSTICE LEAGUE has the daunting task of introducing an entire squad of heroes for the first time.
Cosmic Book News is claiming to have gotten inside news from a source at DC about who the full roster of JUSTICE LEAGUE heroes will be, along with some additional characters. None of these really reveal anything new about the plot or film itself, but we now have a list of who to expect to populate the Halls of Justice.
• Superman is essentially the same character from MAN OF STEEL, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn't really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man's world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold's character from the GREEN LANTERN movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid's Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
Interesting to note is that GREEN LANTERN is listed as being the same character that Ryan Reynolds played. So, does that mean Reynolds is coming back or just that the role will be recast, Hulk-style? This also appears to be the first news that Martian Manhunter and Aquaman would be in the movie. In the end, assuming only Henry Cavill will be returning as Superman, Warner Bros. has to cast 6 heroes and introduce 4 for the first time in a movie.
I would have no problem bringing Reynolds back for the movie. GREEN LANTERN suffered from poor writing more than anything. But, this is not going to be an easy task for any filmmaker, which could explain why we still haven't heard who will be directing JUSTICE LEAGUE. Stay tuned for more news.
CLICK IMAGE TO OPEN GALLERY & SEE MORE PICS...
|Extra Tidbit:||Adrian Grenier for Aquaman?|