Here's a list of theater exclusives for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Today's the day when we FINALLY get the new STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS trailer, and shortly after that, tickets will go on sale. It's important that you know what you're getting into with this one and if you're looking for theater exclusives, just about every venue is running one. So whether you want to sit down for a 7-film marathon or just score some unique 3D glasses, read up on your options below!
Star Wars Marathon Event
- First up is the Star Wars Marathon Event! This is a screening of all 7 movies in the saga. The big plus here is that the first 6 will be presented in 2D, so if you want to watch the original trilogy and it's (Special Edition) glory, here's your chance! THE FORCE AWAKENS is presented in 3D though, so be prepared to don the glasses! A multitude of theaters are rolling with this option, and you can see a listing here!
- Regal is hosting Star Wars Saturdays, where each Saturday from December 19th to January 9th, the first 500 guests to catch a screening of STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS IMAX will receive a collectable ticket featuring unique FORCE AWAKENS art. New art will be available each week of the event.
- AMC, on the other hand, will be doing Star Wars Sundays. From December 20 to January 10, guests who purchase a ticket to see THE FORCE AWAKENS in IMAX 3D will receive an AMC-exclusive Star Wars print from artist Dan Mumford. Like Regal's Star Wars Saturdays, new art will be available each week.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- The AMC Theatres at Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) and Disney Parks will celebrate the release of THE FORCE AWKAKENS with some really special! On December 17th, participants will be able to see the new film at AMC Disney Springs 24 and then celebrate together at a private after-hours party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Tickets will only be available online only at AMCtheatres.com/StarWarsWDW.
- Cinemark is rocking a a pair of exclusive RealD 3D Star Wars glasses. You can score these glasses one of three ways: Attending the Star Wars Marathon Event on December 17th, showing up for the first screening of THE FORCE AWAKENS on Thursday (in Cinemark XD), or buy purchasing a Star Wars concession combo, which is coming in November.
- Participating Alamo Drafthouse locations will have two exclusive FORCE AWAKENS collectible items: an officially licensed Mondo-designed pint glass and the first ever, double-sized collector’s issue of their very own magazine, BIRTH. MOVIES. DEATH., celebrating 40 years of the Star Wars saga!
El Capitan Theatre
- Those of you in LA may want to check out the El Capitan Theater, which will be presenting THE FORCEA AWAKNES in in DOLBY VISION – a state-of-the-art laser projection system that delivers richer colors and distinctly brighter images while preserving deep and dark blacks. This, combined with DOLBY ATMOS sound technology, will help in creating one of the most immersive cinema experiences. You'll also get to check out an an extensive display of costumes and props from the making of the movie and get a chance to see a laser lightsaber curtain show. Oh boy! If that wasn't enough, there will be an exclusive collectible BB-8 button on opening day!
- Whichever theater you decide to visit, if you order your tickets on Fandango, you'll be entered into a sweepstakes for the chance to win a trip to the film’s world premiere. Evidently, if you purchase your ticekts with the first 25 hours they go on sale, your chaneces to win are increased. Ten runners-up will also win a collectible “Dark Side” or “Light Side” prize pack, whatever that entails.
There ya have it! No doubt the bulk (if not all) of you will be hitting up cinemas to check out STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, so you might as well try to score some free swag while you're at it. I'm thinking this movie is going to break some pre-sale records, so my advice would be to jump on those tickets as soon as humanly possible. That is, after the new trailer hits, of which we'll have up the moment it's available!
STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS opens in theaters on December 18, 2015.
CLICK IMAGE TO OPEN GALLERY & SEE MORE PICS...
Related Movie PostersMovie Posters Archive