James Gunn confirms a few things regarding Guardians of the Galaxy
Since it was announced that James Gunn would be helming GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY rumors have flown back and forth regarding casting and everything in between. Half of what we heard was shot down by Gunn himself who took to Facebook and Twitter to let everyone know that what we were hearing regarding the film was untrue.
So what is true? Gunn recently spoke with HeyUguys.com about those rumors and this is what they got from their interview with the director:
- The project starts shooting at the end of June.
- Chris Pratt, Michael Rooker are signed on to the project. He wouldn’t confirm Zoe Saldana or Dave Bautista’s involvement outright, but from his answers, there’s no question that they’re on. He even explained why he cast Bautista.
- We’ll find out who’s playing Rocket Racoon in the next few weeks, but it’s not likely to be Jason Statham.
- In spite of the impression some of the concept art may have given, it’s going to be ‘very, very different from Star Wars’.
- Rocket Racoon is the ‘heart’ of the movie, and the design has moved on a bit from the concept art we saw a couple of months ago.
- Robert Downey Jr is not involved. Either as a major cast member, or as a cameo.
To check out the full interview, head here.
Going back to Rocket Racoon, I was amused by this status Gunn posted on Facebook last week:
Someone on Instagram just called me a FUCKING IDIOT if I don't make Rocket Raccoon look just like Starfox. Aww, Internet.
I laughed my ass off. Gunn is my kind of people.