JoBlo Podcast #20
Podcasters: Revenge of the Drunkards!
Our 20th show celebration brings Moreno and I together in good spirits and plenty of alcohol. We discuss the ramifications of trying to get Deborah Gibson on the show, just how nude The Arrow is at any given time during the day, and how we enjoy blaming Mike Sampson whenever something goes wrong in our lives. Our sad, pathetic lives. Also:
-Moreno and I discuss the difference between the anticipated Summer blockbusters of our childhood to today's overly-hyped billion dollar franchises. Will TRANSFORMERS 2 mean as much to modern youth as RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK meant to us? In short, no.
- Release Dates allows us to study the obvious excellence of films such as BOB FUNK, MR. TROOP MOM, and LEGEND OF THE BOG. Also, Amy Adams and Isla Fisher are the same person. Called it, stamped it.
- We try to pick the films we would put on our perfect Father's Day movie marathon and then abruptly forget what we were talking about and giggle randomly.
- Details on our very first DVD giveaway coming next week. Stay tuned for more info.
-Moreno discusses MOON , THE HURT LOCKER , FOOD INC., and A CHRISTMAS CAROL now that he's a "special screening" whore. I discuss TOMMY AND THE COOL MULE and the fact that I finally got to see THE HANGOVER . I suck.
- In a podcast first, Moreno and I whip out the webcams during the show so we can actually watch each other get drunk. It also allows me to see the passion of his 'Tom & Jerry' rant.
- The Thread of the Week makes an appearance which allows us to study the brilliance of the photo below. We also ask you, the devoted listeners, to add to the thread using your Photoshop skills to make us laugh.
Feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask Moreno why I wasn't allowed to talk about Pixar this week. You can also subscribe to the show for free using the links below and/or listen to us via our fancy new streaming thingy after the links.