JoBlo Podcast #41
Old School Fools
Johnny Moreno and I both survived Halloween night. We both have sugar highs. We're both piss-drunk. What better time to sit down for a podcast? There's no guests, there's no crank calls, there's no pants. It's just me and my crazy American brother kickin' it old school. This is what we talked about:
- Moreno had himself a movie marathon on Halloween night. A little NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD mixed with some CAPE FEAR with a splash of Michael Myers and another round of PARANORMAL ACTIVITY. And it was all topped off with a bucket of Jack Daniels and Coke.
- In the glorious return of Smarter or Dumber, Moreno is somehow dumber because of TEEN WOLF and it's authentic basketball scenes while I'm dumber because of THE DESCENT: PART 2 and it's ability to actually make it's predecessor a worse film due to it's existence.
- We also bring back the Thread of the Week (right here) and offer up some of the movies we've always intended on seeing but haven't had a chance to get around to yet. We also discuss how it's possible that any human being has never seen a single ROCKY film.
- Hit my Movie Fan Central page and caption this picture for a chance to get your hands on a 2-disc edition of G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA. Moreno and I will pick the funniest caption this Friday at midnight (EST) and personally deliver the DVD to your doorstep next week (probably not).
- Release Dates gets me excited for the upcoming week at my day job to watch Travolta take on Washington, Hayden Panettiere's breasts, and a direct to DVD team-up that blows both our simple little minds.
- Other random shit: My brother's hate mail regarding my views on PARANORMAL ACTIVITY last show. How Moreno was able to expense a hooker to JoBlo.com last week. A preview to our special guest next week and a hint as to who the guest is that's ducking us. Remembering one of our favorite 'Simpsons' episodes of all time.
- Moreno and I both received our JoBlo Movie Podcast posters in the mail last week and we couldn't be prouder (click the pic of it at the top of this article to get yours). Head over to the podcast thread in the JoBlo.com forums to give props to Andres for creating this slick bitch. Thanks a ton Andres! Look how happy you made me below.
Feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com and ask us why we make fun of Delaware so much. You can also subscribe to the show for free using the links below and/or listen to us via our fancy new streaming thingy after the links.