Updated! Rumor Mill: Will Michael Bay's Transformers 4 feature characters from the original cartoon movie?
DEBUNKED! Paramount and Michael Bay have reached out to put the kabosh on this rumor real quick. I'll turn it over to Michael Bay:
"Some Internet sites this morning reported that some document recovery guy has found a legitimate 120 page script of Transformers 4. I can absolutely 100 percent say this is completely false. The only two people in the world that have our unfinished script are Kruger and myself. Also we are only up to page 70 in our T4 script. Maybe this guy has a cartoon or something else – but definitely not our movie!"
Of course, the last time Bay responded like this was to debunk the rumors of hiring Mark Wahlberg for the film and we all saw what happened with that. I'm still partial to many of the ideas below, especially...DINOBOTS! Seriously, to hear Grimlock speak and smash would be music to my ears. Cheesy, silly music, but blissful nonetheless.
SPOILERS, even if just a rumor. Be warned.
So, the folks at UTB have gotten their mittens on a supposed script for Michael Bay's next foray into robotic explosions, TRANSFORMERS 4, and spilled some details that could potentially liven up the franchise, if even just for nostalgia's sake. Obviously, this should all be taken lightly, as none of this is officially confirmed, but it's damned compelling and if true, could be a step in the right direction.
The script in question, which is dated 11/30/2012 (not specified who wrote the draft) showcases a number of elements that draw heavily from the original Transformers movie from the 1986 movie. That's right people, Bay is digging up graves on this one, pulling out none other than Unicron, the planet-devouring baddie voiced by none other than Orson Welles, along with Galvatron, the lead minion in Unicron's army. Anyone that's seen the original cartoon (which I love) could easily get excited about this, because, hey, nostalgia.
Here's some highlights:
- Time Travel - The autobots team up with portal traveler, Vector Prime, who is the guardian of Primus, the only being who can defeat Unicron.
- Decepticon Zombies? Galvatron raids a military base in Colorado to secure top-secret cybertronian weaponry being designed there, as well as decepticon corpses. It's here that he downloads their memories and, oops, accidentally gets "possessed" by Megatron.
- Mark Wahlberg and co. - Wahlberg seems primed to play a Special Ops Sergeant named Beller, who has a reckless teenage daughter with a race-car driving boyfriend. Yep. So, there's that.
- Cyborgs! A female character named Josie, who survives the military base attack, fuses herself to some cybertronian tech in order to save her own life, and effectively turning her into a cyborg who eventually joins forces with the autobots.
- DINOBOTS! Let me say that again...DINOBOTS! Does it matter how they get there? F*ck no! Why? Because, DINOBOTS!
To read the full on craziness, head over to UTB and settle in. Overall, though, this seems both expected and awesome at the same time. I'm actually more interested to see this than I was the first TRANSFORMERS film. There's many avenues a fourth film could go and most of us anticipate it to be another does of Bayhem, but the inclusion of these characters from my beloved '80's childhood makes me happy with anticipation. Fingers crossed.
TRANSFORMERS 4 brings the destruction on June 27, 2014.
CLICK IMAGE TO OPEN GALLERY & SEE MORE PICS...
|Extra Tidbit:||How does this rundown sound to you? What would your rather see?|
|Source:||Unleash The Fanboy|