The 50 greatest deleted scenes of all time? You decide!
A new list has been generated over at Total Film, this time tackling the 50 greatest deleted scenes of all time. Some of them are pretty great, some of them rather hilarious, and some of them, well, are better left out of the final film (which isn't to say they aren't "great," just not great for the finished version of the movie).
Some of the highlights include: THE GOONIES "Octopus scene," The original CLERKS ending, the extended "trial scene" from NATURAL BORN KILLERS, the return of Kyle Reese in TERMINATOR 2, the "mouth of Sauron" getting decapitated in LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING, and many more.
Here's their top 10:
- 10. BOOGIE NIGHTS - Dirk Diggler wins best porn actor extended scenes
- 9. STAR WARS: EPISODE IV - A NEW HOPE - Luke and Biggs Darklighter on Tattoine
- 8. ALMOST FAMOUS - Patrick Fugit plays Stairway to Heaven to sell rock music to his mom
- 7. LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING - The death of Saruman
- 6. THE DARK KNIGHT - The Joker ignores the exploding hospital
- 5. HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS: PART 1 - Harry and Dudley make nice
- 4. TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES - Southern accent Arnold
- 3. STAR WARS: EPISODE V - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - Luke and Leia's almost kiss
- 2. THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS - Boromir and Faramir celebrate victory
- 1. MAGNOLIA - "Form a tragedy"
You may not agree on the order of the list, but I think that's inconsequential. It's pretty comprehensive and includes videos for the majority of the deleted scenes.
Check out the full list here and strikeback with your comments below!
|Extra Tidbit:||It may not be much, but Luke assembling his lightsaber in Return of the Jedi is one of my favorite deleted scenes not on the list. What's missing on this list for you?|