Trek DVD details!
Just in time for the holidays, you'll be able to take home one of the biggest films of the year. On November 17th STAR TREK will be available on 2-disc DVD and 3-disc Blu-ray with a ton of extra features. Don't believe me? Check out all the stuff loaded onto the Blu-ray:
- CommentaryBy director J.J. Abrams, writers Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman, producer Damon Lindelof and executive producer Bryan Burk.
- NASA News This BD-Live feature gives viewers access to the latest NASA news about real space exploration. Learn about new mission developments and check out featured imagery from around the universe.
- To Boldly GoTaking on the worlds most beloved science fiction franchise was no small mission. Director J.J. Abrams, writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, producer Damon Lindelof, and executive producer Bryan Burk talk about the many challenges they faced and their strategy for success.
The Shatner Conundrum
Red Shirt Guy
The Green Girl
- CastingThe producers knew their greatest task was finding the right cast to reprise these epic roles. The cast, for their part, talk about the experience of trying to capture the essence of these mythic characters. The piece concludes with a moving tribute to Leonard Nimoy.
- A New VisionJ.J. Abrams vision was not only to create a Star Trek that was a bigger, more action-packed spectacle, but also to make the spectacle feel real. Every aspect of productionfrom unique locations to the use of classic Hollywood camera trickswas guided by this overall objective.
- StarshipsAbrams and production designer Scott Chambliss were careful to pay tribute to the design of the original Enterprise, but they also wanted to make it futuristic and cool for a modern audience. This chapter focuses on the unique stories behind the creation of the films starships.
Bridge Construction Accelerated
The Captains Chair
Button Acting 101
Narada Construction Accelerated
- AliensDesigners Neville Page and Joel Harlow talk about the hurdles they faced creating new alien species, recreating the Romulans and Vulcans, and designing the terrifying creatures on Delta Vega for the new Star Trek.
The Alien Paradox
Big Bro Quinto
Drakoulias Anatomy 101
- PlanetsFrom the frozen landscape of Delta Vega to the desert plains of Vulcan, Scott Chambliss and the art department had a number of radically different planets to create. Abrams desire to shoot on real locations whenever possible led the production team to a number of strange and surprising locations.
- Props and Costumes Property master Russell Bobbitt had the unique challenge of designing props that were both true to the original series and pertinent to todays technology. Likewise, costume designer Michael Kaplan talks about how he designed costumes that paid homage to what came before yet were relevant and timeless.
- Ben Burtt and the Sounds of Star Trek When famed sound designer Ben Burtt was hired to create sounds for the first Star Wars film, he took his inspiration from the original Star Trek series. Burtt jumped at the opportunity to pay tribute to the sounds that sparked his career with the sounds he created for the new Star Trek.
- ScoreAs a fan of the original series, composer Michael Giacchino embraced the challenge of creating new music for Star Trek while preserving the spirit of Alexander Courages celebrated theme.
- Gene Roddenberrys Vision J.J. Abrams, Leonard Nimoy, previous Star Trek writers and producers, and scientific consultant Carolyn Porco describe and commend the optimistic and enduring vision of Gene Roddenberry.
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary
- Starfleet Vessel SimulatorExplore extensive data on the U.S.S. Enterprise and the Romulan ship, the Narada. Submerse yourself in breathtaking 360° views and close-ups and review detailed tech information.
- Gag Reel
- Digital Copy
STAR TREK® D-A-C Free Trial Game for XBOX 360®
Weblink to the STAR TREK® D-A-C Free Trial Game for PC
Weblink to the STAR TREK® D-A-C Free Trial Game for PlayStation® Network
CLICK IMAGE TO OPEN GALLERY & SEE MORE PICS...