You can bring Dredd 3D and its special brand of justice home this coming January 8th
DREDD 3D's mediocre box office veritably broke my little fanboy heart. For a film I so loved, one that actually completely lived up to the enormous level of hype to which it had been vaulted by months and months of anticipation, to crumble away in such a miserably short time? I still can't decide if it makes me sad or mad, but either way it was crime.
This is probably about 1% hyperbole, by the way. Maybe 2%. I truly loved every single thing about this film, from the spot-on acting that was at turns terrifying and unexpected and exciting to the Cliff Martinez-quality score to the visceral and unforgivingly vicious violence to the smart and well-paced script to the tight editing and measured momentum. It was also, to my mind and without a doubt, the best melding of comic book source material and genuinely good genre filmmaking we've seen in at least the last five years.
Thankfully I won't have to wait much longer to rewatch it in all its genre-honoring glory, as DREDD 3D is all geared up and ready to release through the mediums DVD/Blu-ray, Digital Download, On Demand, and Pay-Per-View on January 8th, 2013. You can pick up the 3D Blu-ray for $39.99 and the DVD for $29.95.
These special features are marked "subject to change" in the press release, but I imagine that's more a precautionary measure rather than a legitimate concern.
3D Blu-ray and DVD special features:
- "Mega-City Masters": 35 Years of Judge Dredd" featurette
- "Day of Chaos: The Visual Effects of Dredd 3D" featurette
- "Dredd" featurette
- "Dredd's Gear" featurette
- "The 3rd Dimension" featurette
- "Welcome to Peachtrees" featurette
- Dredd Motion Comic Prequel
Specs and such:
- Run Time: 95 minutes
- Blu-ray Closed Captioned: English SDH
- DVD Closed Captioned: English
- Subtitles: English and Spanish
- Blu-ray Format: 1080P High Definition 16x9 Widescreen (2.40:1)
- DVD Format: 16x9 Widescreen (2.40:1)
- Blu-ray Audio Status: 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Optimized for 11.1 Neo X, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English 2.0 Dolby -Digital DVD Audio Status: English and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
CLICK IMAGE TO OPEN GALLERY & SEE MORE PICS...
|Extra Tidbit:||For once I actually enjoyed a movie's use of 3D. So that's cool too.|
|Source:||Lionsgate Home Entertainment|