I had the extreme fortune to recently visit the set of a certain major horror remake last week. While there, I was able to sit down (with a handful of other journalists) with the producers of said remake. The producers, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller, are part of a production company called Platinum Dunes. I think you see where this is going…
While the entire chat session will pop up on this site somewhere down the line, I’m able to break out a juicy piece of info regarding Platinum Dunes’ next project – after
Indeed, the producers hope to make FRIDAY THE 13th PART 2 their next film. Furthermore, they are aiming to go into production later this year, with an eye towards releasing it on AUGUST 13th, 2010.
If that isn’t enough, we may be seeing Jason wearing a parka, because the man is going to be trudging around in the SNOW! Here’s what Brad Fuller had to say on the matter:
If we’re going to do another Friday the 13th, you know we were having a blast on the set; we want to have fun. We also want to bring things they haven’t seen before and one of the things that they haven’t seen before is Jason in the snow. They haven’t seen that before.
Don’t think FRIDAY 2 is going to resemble FARGO, however. Fuller said the entire movie won’t be snow-covered. (I think the implication being only a scene or two will be in the winter – perhaps the opening?)
There is no script yet, and the film hasn’t been officially green-lit – but the screenwriters of the first installment, Mark Swift and Damien Shannon, are on board. Fuller also mentioned that he hopes to bring more imaginative kills to the proceedings, as he has heard grumbles from the fans that FRIDAY Part 1’s death sequences left something to be desired… Basically, you can look forward to kills that are more “clever”, as the producer put it.
I’ll have more from Fuller and Form for you in the near future. In the meantime, (tentatively) mark AUGUST 13th, 2010 on your calendar.
F13 Arrow fixation, Julianna Guill!