Tom Hardy rumored to play a cameo in this scene from Star Wars: Episode VIII
There were all sorts of cameos peppered throughout J.J. Abrams' STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS. One of the most fun was Daniel Craig as a First Order trooper who is is mind-tricked by Rey into letting her out of those restraints. If the following rumor turns out to be true, Rian Johnson may have an even better cameo planned for EPISODE VIII! According to MakingStarWars.net, they've confirmed with sources that Mad Max himself, Tom Hardy, will be playing a stormtrooper. To take it a step further, he'll have a pretty humorous encounter with previous First Order trooper Finn.
The scene goes down like this according to MakingStarWars.net:
- Tom Hardy plays a First Order stormtrooper.
- Said stormtrooper glimpses FN-2187 on a secret mission but doesn’t realize it.
- The “incognito” FN-2187 is surprised when the stormtrooper walks up behind him and slaps him on the ass.
- FN-2187 turns around and believes he’s dead. He’s surely going to be captured.
- The stormtrooper is elated to see his old friend from back during their First Order academy days.
- The stormtrooper congratulates FN-2187 on his promotion to Resistance infiltrator and spy.
- FN-2187 is free to go about his business to his amazement.
So what do you think? Complete BS or do you think there's some truth there? Craig was pretty adamant that he didn't shoot anything for FORCE AWAKENS and we know how that turned out. This scoop isn't out of the realm of possibility and seems oddly specific, so I'm going to give MakingStarWars.net the benefit of the doubt, if only because I want our first ass-slap in the Star Wars universe!
STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII will hit theaters on December 15, 2017.