Horror fans rally to boycott Jeepers Creepers 3

03.01.2017by: Mike Sprague

Say what you will about the quality of the JEEPERS CREEPERS films (I think the first one is great, and the second has cool moments) but one matter we can all agree on is that - talented as he may be - Victor Salva should not be making movies. Is that too harsh? Asked no one. Ever.

Truth is he shouldn't be making movies because how does one makes movies while inside a maximum security prison for the criminally insane? One doesn't. You see my point. Anyway, a group of horror fans have taken to Change.org and rallied up a petition to  BOYCOTT JEEPERS CREEPERS 3. I'm sure there is a hashtag too.

Here is the rundown on the petition via the site:

Jeepers Creepers 3 is currently in production. The director and creator of this franchise, Victor Salva, used his position to rape a 12 year old boy in 1988 during the filming of the movie Clownhouse. He was convicted and served a measly 15 months in prison. As the three largest movie theater chains in the US, I urge you to not show this movie at your theaters. The profits from Jeepers Creepers 3 line the pockets of a pedophile. Monsters belong on the screen, not behind the camera.  I also urge other members of the horror movie community to take a stance. Spread the word and don't watch this film!

The petition was started by Annie Swital, and currently has  668 supporters. I tell you guys this because, if we are going to keep posting news on JEEPERS CREEPERS 3 (which we will) it only seems fair to throw a bone to people who upset by the film's continued existence.

And that is 100% fair enough.

JEEPERS CREEPERS 3 is written and directed by Victor Salva, and is set to star Gina Philips (see below), returning as Trish, along with genre queen Adrienne Barbeau as a fellow Creeper-Killer. No release date has been set as of yet.

You can sign the petition HERE

Extra Tidbit: Salva's directed 2 flicks since JEEPERS CREEPERS 2: ROSEWOOD LANE and DARK HOUSE.
Source: Change.org

4:01PM on 03/03/2017
I do not condone what Salva did. Its disgusting and sick. That said, why are other sick pedophiles and child rapists celebrated and praised by Hollywood and those with leftist political views? People like Lena Dunham who molested her little sister growing up, Woody Allen who ,molested his adopted daughter then married her, and lets not forget convicted child rapist Roman Polanski who Meryl Streep stands up and cheers for.

8:12PM on 03/02/2017
None of us are honestly expecting this to even make it to theaters, are we?
None of us are honestly expecting this to even make it to theaters, are we?

10:58AM on 03/02/2017

Title

What Annie Swital doesn't realize is that everyone in Hollywood is a pedophile.
What Annie Swital doesn't realize is that everyone in Hollywood is a pedophile.

10:10PM on 03/01/2017

Can't wait for Jeepers Creepers 3!

Where were these boycotters when he was making his less high profile films? There are many sexual predators in Hollywood that haven't been caught amongst those who have. You can't pick and choose who you condemn. Many of us want to see this movie and a crime 20 years ago should not affect the making or viewing of Salva's current film.

6:07PM on 03/01/2017

More Stupid Overreacting from the Snowflake Generation

Bunch of idiots who always find something to complain about. Fuck all of them.
Bunch of idiots who always find something to complain about. Fuck all of them.

3:51PM on 03/01/2017

Fuck off with this selective bullshit

I don't condone pedophilia, its disgusting and the guy should have his dick chopped off. With that being said, there are a TON of directors who have done horrible things with underage people and said horrible things in line with straight up racism and sexism. If you boycott Salva, then you gotta boycott Mel Gibson, Woody Allen, Bill Cosby, Roman Polanski and whoever else has done horrible things.

3:11PM on 03/01/2017
Just like Salva has the right to continue to seek work, these ppl have the right to bring awareness yo a disgusting sex offender. Nobody is forcing anyone to sign the petition and the theater chains can do as they please. But just because this animal "served his time" (15 months is a joke) does not mean that we as a society have to forgive and forget.

And don't even get me started on Woody Allen...

And don't even get me started on Woody Allen...

3:06PM on 03/01/2017
I too am not excusing the actions done by this man but if he is not committing those actions anymore there is no reason for him to be jobless. I mean Woody Allen and Roman Polanski are still working. Annie Wittal doesnt seem like she would waste her time convincing someone against as big as those two. They both have work and people still flock to Allen's movie.

2:41PM on 03/01/2017

Oh shut the fuck up.

I'm not excusing Salva's actions what so ever. But the man should be able to pursue his career if he's following the law. Pedophilia is a genuine mental disorder (Again, I'm not excusing it nor defending it) and if somebody who has it is seeking help to the best of their ability and not indulging in their desires, it is not anybodies right to block that person from making a living.

Ferguson, Rebecca