YOUR 69 CENTS: did Clash of the Titans knock your block off?

04.03.2010by: The Arrow

Hey all welcome to YOUR 69 CENTS! You guys and dolls read our opinions on movies all the time - but hey - we like to read too and want to know YOURS! This week its the CLASH OF THE TITANS remake making waves! So what did ya think? As good as the original? Average in your eyes? Somebody should be shot for that anti-3D? Spit out your 69 cents below!

2:50AM on 04/04/2010

Damn Fun Time

I really enjoyed it. I expected a popcorn action flick with a badass lead and some sweet monster action and that is what i got. Will be purchasing the BD no doubt about it. Sam Worthington FTMFW!

10:56PM on 04/03/2010
I had a really good time with this one, more of a modern God of War take on Mythology while redoing the story from the original film, nothing wrong with that and anyone expecting anything different was kidding themselves, the FX were good, Kraken was awesome, the set pieces all around were fantastic, the story wasnt great and the acting was alright, but the original is even worse if you watch it now, watched it just last night again and unfortunately it doesnt hold up except for Nostalgia and honestly I liked this remake far more, hope we get a sequel as I love mythology!

9:01PM on 04/03/2010
Just one giant turd of a movie! No Perseus/Andromeda love angle, Pegasus isn't tamed and just shows up. Calibos was poorly used and designed. Io was the the worst contribution to the film, training for Medusa moments before the attack...what horseshit! Long live the 1981 classic!

3:31PM on 04/03/2010

Horrible

Just one hell of a horrible movie! It proves that hollywood have no more ideas when they start re-making movies that were horrible when they originally came out!

10:42AM on 04/03/2010

Terrible Film

Had such high hopes for this but sadly a big let down - simply didnt have any soul to it , actors were decent enough , effects were good however the lack of any cohesive plot or characterisation meant that there is no empathy when a character dies or if a character is distinguishable from another.

Just seemed to go from scene to scene without any reason other than to showcase the next effect , that added with the quick cut fighting scenes meant you cant really tell whats happening and as a result tension is non existant.

9:01AM on 04/03/2010
After watching the original I was hoping that the remake kept some of the camp and ridiculousness which is part of what made it so great. I was not disappointed. A fun little flick almost as good as the original.

11:32AM on 04/02/2010

Overall, enjoyed the movie

Love the action, the kraken was awesome and Hades was pretty bad-ass. I also thought the action set pieces were amaizing. My complaints is that CGI is not realistic at times and the story was a little weak.

Green, Eva