Blu-Ray: Zero Dark Thirty and Lincoln hit the shelves this month
If you're like me, then you're still playing catch up on a lot of the Oscar contenders that you may have missed in theaters (I'm down to LES MISERABLES and LIFE OF PI). Since the studios jam pack the Oscar contenders in the Fall/Winter in order to capitalize on the Academy Awards, most viewers end up short on catching them all. Now, two of the better nominated films are hitting the racks; ZERO DARK THIRTY and LINCOLN. In my opinion, ZERO DARK THIRTY was the movie to beat and I still consider it the best of all the nominees. LINCOLN was a masterful film, made mostly so by the performance from Daniel Day Lewis, who more than earned his golden trophy. Check out the details for the upcoming releases below!
Release Date: March 26, 2013
4-disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + Bonus Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) and a standard 2-disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (1-disc Blu-ray + 1-disc DVD)
Directed by: Steven Spielberg
Starring: Daniel Day Lewis, Sally Field, Tommy Lee Jones, James Spader, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Walton Goggins, David Strathairn, Hal Holbrook, John Hawkes, Tim Blake Nelson, Jackie Earle Haley, and Gloria Reuben
As the Civil War continues to rage, America's president struggles with continuing carnage on the battlefield and as he fights with many inside his own cabinet on the decision to emancipate the slaves.
Blu-Ray special features:
- The Journey To Lincoln: Steven Spielberg and his collaborators discuss the challenges and excitement of bringing this story of a complex and very human president to the screen.
- A Historic Tapestry - Richmond, Virginia: Spielberg and his team discuss the historical significance of Richmond, Virginia, and why they chose to shoot the film there.
- In The Company Of Character: Delve into Daniel Day-Lewis' portrayal of Lincoln, and discover the authenticity and openness created by the actors and filmmakers on set.
- Crafting The Past: Examine the re-creation of Lincoln's era through authentic period details in production design, costume and makeup.
- Living With Lincoln: Follow Steven Spielberg, the cast and crew through the shooting of the film, from the battle at Jenkins' Ferry, through the epic 13th Amendment showdown in the House of Representatives, to Lincoln's tragic end.
- In Lincoln's Footsteps: Explore the film's editing, sound design, and the subtle yet poignant musical score by John Williams, and discover how relevant and inspiring Lincoln still is today.
Release date: March 19, 2013
Blu-ray/DVD/Ultraviolet + Best Buy Exclusive
Directed by: Kathryn Bigelow
For a decade, an elite team of intelligence and military operatives, working in secret across the globe, devoted themselves to a single goal: to find and eliminate Osama bin Laden. Zero Dark Thirty reunites the Oscar winning team of director-producer Kathryn Bigelow and writer-producer Mark Boal (The Hurt Locker) for the story of history's greatest manhunt for the world's most dangerous man.
Blu-Ray special features:
- No Small Feat - Making Zero Dark Thirty
- The Compound - Tour the film's rebuilt compound
- Geared Up - Watch the cast train with authentic SEAL gear
- Targeting Jessica Chastain - A look at the role of Maya
|Extra Tidbit:||Which was your favorite of the two?|