New dates for RE4, Repo

Aug. 20, 2009by: Mike Catalano

Well, it looks like two fairly high-profile genre flicks have just been issued brand new release dates. Let's get right to it! Frist off, the fourth RESIDENT EVIL entry, subtitled AFTERLIFE has been bumped up a bit to some end-of-summer real estate: August 27, 2010. We don't have word on the plot yet, but at least Ms. Alice, Milla Jovovich (above) will be back along with part 1's director, Paul W.S. Anderson.

The second flick to swap dates is REPO MEN starring Jude Law and Forest Whitaker, which moves to April 2, 2010. This one's interesting plot is a morality tale is set in the near future, when artificial organs can be bought on credit, with the understanding that defaulting on payment will result in a fatal repossession.

Suffice to say, I would definitely check out both of the bad boys in the forthcoming year. What do you guys think?

I hope Ms. Larter comes back for the next RESIDENT.

Extra Tidbit: Would you guys consider Jovovich a genre legend thanks to her role of Alice?
Source: Comingsoon

Related Articles

5:53PM on 08/20/2009

11:09AM on 08/20/2009
Repo Man seems a high-profile blatant rip-off of Bousman's flick. Can't wait for RE4, and yes, Milla is a legend :) Would you see any RE film without her? I know I wouldn't.

3:00AM on 08/21/2009
I would prefer to see a Resident Evil movie without her. The character of Alice is an insult to the RE series. There is enough good storyline already available in the game series to base the movies off of. And I understand the need for the film makers to do something new and original, but if you gave these movies any other title besides "Resident Evil", nobody would ever make the connection. The storyline is so far removed from the games that it's almost unrecognizable. I would much rather see a movie that was dark, scary, and atmospheric like the first game, than another action sequal about a psychic powered super clone (!) that uses ninja moves to fight running zombies. Resident Evil is supposed to be survival horror. Horror! "Mutha-fucka, please. My shit is custom!"
7:48AM on 08/20/2009
Are you going to enlighten me sometime soon or are you sleeping? lol
Are you going to enlighten me sometime soon or are you sleeping? lol

2:17AM on 08/20/2009

So...

Repo Men is just Repo: The Genetic Opera without the music then?

I'm cool with another RE I guess. So, Neutral overall?
Repo Men is just Repo: The Genetic Opera without the music then?

I'm cool with another RE I guess. So, Neutral overall?

12:42AM on 08/20/2009