Quantcast

James Wan confirms plot details for The Conjuring 3

Over the course of five films, James Wan's CONJURING franchise has grossed $1.5 billion worldwide; not a bad chunk of change, especially for a horror franchise. The series is still going strong with several films just over the horizon, including a third ANNABELLE movie, a spin-off focusing on The Crooked Man, and of course, THE CONJURING 3 which will find Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga returning as paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren.

James Wan recently spoke with Bloody Disgusting and confirmed a few plot details about THE CONJURING 3 which had been rumoured a few months back. The sequel is said to be quite different from the first two, although still based upon a true story, as Wan says that the film will revolve around a "guy who was on trial for committing a murder" but who claims he was possessed at the time. "I think it’s the first time in America’s history where the defendant used possessions as a reason, as an excuse," Wan said. "All the Conjuring films are based on the case files, so they’re more based on the true story aspect of the real life Warrens. I think that’s important. It’s important that the mothership stays true to the inspiration of the real people," Wan continued. "The spinoffs are where we get to have more fun and do weird and wonderful crazy things. The mothership of it being the Conjuring films, we want it to come back to the real stuff."

Unlike the first two CONJURING films, the third will not be directed by James Wan but by Michael Chaves, who impressed Wan when he produced Chaves' upcoming film THE CURSE OF LA LLORONA which will hit theaters on April 19, 2019. THE CONJURING 3 will likely arrive in 2020, but our next supernatural trip with the Warrens will actually arrive a little sooner as Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga will reprise their roles for the as-yet-untitled third ANNABELLE film on July 3, 2019.

RECOMMENDED MOVIE NEWS

RECOMMENDED MOVIE NEWS

Latest Entertainment News Headlines


Top
Loading...