Behold the trailer for The Cabin in the Woods, from Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard!

12.05.2011by: Eric Walkuski
100%

I think it goes without saying that if you want to continue knowing nothing about THE CABIN IN THE WOODS, you should not watch the long-anticipated first trailer for the thing, which we have for you below. It certainly doesn't give away everything the movie has to offer (I don't think), but it does lift the veil on a few plot details. Suffice to say, this isn't any old cabin in the woods...

With that warning laid down, I'll admit I fully enjoyed the trailer; it's got more than a few striking images and the choice of music (Marilyn Manson's cover of "I Put a Spell on You") is an excellent one (even if that tune does get overused). Let's take a moment and pray that the film is as entertaining as this first preview implies.

If you wish to continue your vow of ignorance, let the synopsis hold you over in all its simple glory:

Five friends go to a remote cabin in the woods. Bad things happen.

If you think you know this story, think again.

Written by Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard and directed by the latter, THE CABIN IN THE WOODS stars Chris Hemsworth, Richard Jenkins, Bradley Whitford, Kristen Connolly, Brian J. White, Amy Acker, Fran Kranz, and Jesse Williams. It is scheduled for release on APRIL 13, 2012. See the trailer in HD over at Yahoo!

Extra Tidbit: IF you watched the trailer, what are your thoughts?
Source: Yahoo!

6:19AM on 12/07/2011
That trailer came across as an amalgam of anything that's horror !
That trailer came across as an amalgam of anything that's horror !

3:12PM on 12/06/2011
TOP 3 MUST SEE: 1) THISSSSS! 2) JOHN DIES AT THE END and 3) SILENT HILL: REVELATIONS 3D

2:34PM on 12/06/2011

Frickin Awesome!! Bring it!!

I have to admit that was the total opposite to how I imagined the story going and I definately didn't expect the kind of epic feel to it, thought it would be much more contained location wise much like Evil Dead. And btw Bradley Whitford was almost unrecognisable there!
If only they'd released this trailer years ago when it was made then it wouldn't have been as delayed as long as this. I'm guessing the lack of Acker will mean she is probably an opening kill type deal? I just hope any other promo material doesn't get too spoilery. That trailer was just enough for me thank you.

9:27PM on 12/05/2011
Incredible. Up there with Dark Knight Rises & Avengers as Most Anticipated of 2012.

8:23PM on 12/05/2011
It's got a '' CUBE '' vibe running through it , I'm really looking forward to this oft , oft , oft delayed project . Now , if we could only get North American rights to '' ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE''

6:27PM on 12/05/2011
Looks exactly how I expected... AWESOME! Pretty much anything Whedon's name is on that isn't screwed up by the director is amazing and this should be no exception. I do agree with plasticbrain though, Amy Acker should have a bigger part. She's a terrific actress.

4:33PM on 12/05/2011
HOLY HELL! i'm glad i stayed away from tmi on this. i am SO blown away by that trailer. this is gonna be AWESOME!!!!!!

4:34PM on 12/05/2011
but i was a little disappointed to not see Amy Acker in the trailer. i'd hoped she had a bigger role.
4:05PM on 12/05/2011
Looking forward to it. The trailer has a nice WTF vibe to it and in a good way.
Looking forward to it. The trailer has a nice WTF vibe to it and in a good way.

Roberts, Emma