Meet the new Zombieland cast!

Mar. 26, 2013by: Eric Walkuski

"Zombieland" will be airing on Amazon in mid-April, so it's about time we met the new cast. Above you'll see the gang from the "Zombieland" TV series: Little Rock (Izabela Vidovic), Tallahassee (Kirk Ward), Wichita (Maiara Walsh) and Columbus (Tyler Ross). Will be interesting to see how these folks do in their roles; they've got very big shoes to fill.

If you're curious about just how "Zombieland" ties into the film, screenwriter Paul Wernick recently told ComingSoon.net that the show "picks up from the movie. It's two weeks later. They pulled out of Pacific Playland and they're still in Los Angeles. They're starting to head East on a road trip."

It remains to be seen if "Zombieland" will become a full series; the future of the show is in the hands of viewers, as Amazon will decide whether or not to move forward on it after the numbers come in.

Zombieland is based on the hit Columbia Pictures movie of the same name, and finds four survivors outwitting zombies and searching for a place to call home. The Zombieland pilot comes from the feature films original creative team, writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (G.I. Joe: Retaliation, The Joe Schmo Show), and producer Gavin Polone (Gilmore Girls, Curb Your Enthusiasm). Eli Craig (Tucker and Dale vs. Evil) is directing the pilot.

Maiara Walsh

Extra Tidbit: Are you digging the look of the new cast?
Source: Movies.com

7:01AM on 03/27/2013

Cast screams mediocre

This isn't going to end well. The characters are going to be so different and why couldn't they afford anyone with actual screen credits to their name instead of a bunch of unknown losers.

8:11PM on 03/26/2013

Everyone here is right

No one wants tubby Tallahassee. Not to mention getting sad "look-alikes" for this was a bad idea. Use different characters. I have a feeling this is gonna be a turd, but like those below said, I'll probably give the pilot a chance, just gotta lower expectations.

7:04PM on 03/26/2013
what the hell did they do to Tallahassee?
Is that for the subplot that it weren't zombies who ate his son, but he did that himself?
what the hell did they do to Tallahassee?

3:27PM on 03/26/2013

Unsure

I don't see why they couldn't have had new characters in the same world instead of using the same names and inviting this direct comparison.

Hopefully this will take the film and expand on it in a cool way (like Buffy) instead of re-casting everyone and then making something that sucks balls (Blade: The Series)

3:18PM on 03/26/2013
Oh wow does this look pretty shit. Set 2 weeks after the film? seems a legit enough time for Tallahassee to grow a bouffant and bitch tits. But this news does make me wanna see the movie again

3:15PM on 03/26/2013

Nope.

I am good with everything but Tallahassee. This cast photo just killed the small hope I had for this show. Unfortunately I will most likely watch the pilot still, I do hope I am proven wrong by how bad this already seems.

Ramsey, Laura