What movies are you watching this weekend?

Sep. 14, 2012by: The Arrow

This new to column is pretty self explanatory. I'm gonna share with yall what I'll be watching this weekend. And you share with us what you'll be tapping via the comment section below. So here it goes!

Well I already saw RESIDENT EVIL RETRIBUTION, so this weekend, I'm gonna watch an oldie, the MICKEY ROURKE flick A PRAYER FOR THE DYING (1987) and then I'll top it off with the DOLPH LUNDGREN actionner COMMAND PERFORMANCE (2009).

So what about you? What are you watching this weekend? Let us know below!

Related Articles

Madman
Maximum Overdrive
Nightmares in a Damaged Brain
Private Parts
Viy

11:01PM on 09/17/2012
I just watched The Boogens. It was a blast.
I just watched The Boogens. It was a blast.
4:50AM on 09/21/2012
I wanted that bichon frise to die. Little yapping fucker.
I wanted that bichon frise to die. Little yapping fucker.
5:39PM on 09/15/2012

Watched V/H/S...

Good, but not great. I love horror anthologies, but the individual stories are always hit or miss. V/H/S is no exception. Has a few genuinely creepy scenes, and I appreciate the fact that it's a hard R, but it didn't quite live up to the hype for me.

5:22PM on 09/15/2012

Watched V/H/S...

9:55AM on 09/16/2012
I agree it was hit and miss. I really liked the first and last stories, the others not so much.
4:06PM on 09/15/2012

State of Grace

just finished watching it for the first time in two decades and was amazed by how fantastic it was. The film puts "The Departed" to shame, this is how you do a undercover/Irish mob feature right! Beautifully filmed, great performances and an excellent slow-mo finale. What ever happened to Phil Joanou?

10:40AM on 09/16/2012
Joanou directed that Thomas Jane Punisher short that came out recently. I dug his style.
1:53PM on 09/16/2012
That's true, thanks for reminding me. Still I remember in the early 90's he was touted as the next big thing and nowadays he's hardly A-list. One can only hope he Jane can make a 'Punisher' feature some day.
6:18PM on 09/14/2012

Bang Bang

Last weeks choices ruled as I finally had the chance for The Loved Ones to kick my ass. Tonight it's dinner and a movie with the wife. Going to check out Lawless. Can't wait. The JoBlo review made it seem even more promising.

12:03PM on 09/14/2012
Just finished watching Stephen King's Needful Things starring Ed Harris and Max Von Sydow. Pretty good.

12:42PM on 09/14/2012
Love that film! There's a 180 minutes D. Cut of it. It aired on TV.
Love that film! There's a 180 minutes D. Cut of it. It aired on TV.
12:51PM on 09/14/2012
I must have watched the theatrical cut. It's about 2-hours long. Even that, it's pretty good. Max Von Sydow was very cunning!
11:03AM on 09/14/2012

Is that movie any good ?

I have that movie with 5 other movies on a four or five disc DVD set from MGM. I have so many DVD's and Blu-ray's, i recently bought. I didn't have time to watch...I am planning to watch "Blade" tonight. It is the american Region 1 Blu-ray comparing to the Canadian Blu-ray with no special features and the aspect ratio was changed too. I also bought some cool blu-rays this week like the underrated "The Way of the Gun", "Hard Boiled" (I haven't seen it yet), "Frailty" and "The Machinist". "Jeepers Creepers" blu-ray is pretty cool, but i hate the new cover of that movie, however.

12:42PM on 09/14/2012
I remember it being very uneven. Was lots of prod problems (2 directors)
I remember it being very uneven. Was lots of prod problems (2 directors)
10:34AM on 09/14/2012
Killer scarecrow double feature! Husk and William Wesley's amazing Scarecrows!
Killer scarecrow double feature! Husk and William Wesley's amazing Scarecrows!

Dusku, Eliza