Zack Snyder discusses "super scary" Army of the Dead!

09.02.2010by: Moises Hernandez

Zack Snyder's got a bit to chew on ever since he suckerpunch-ed the hell out of Comic-Con 2011 with SUCKERPUNCH. But after speaking with EW, could there be more to his future zombie plans?

Hell-to-the-yes. A few details were given over his "planned" zombie epic and while there still isn't much to go on a lot was still said about his "dream zombie project." Snyder mentions that the project titled ARMY OF THE DEAD is “a zombie movie I’ve put together about my love of zombies." So Snyder's basically paying a homage to the genre that helped jump start his career? +2 respect points from me. Even though, personally, I didn't feel DAWN OF THE DEAD was spot on the man has an eye for fast (or poetically slow) moving action.

Get the low-down on the first snippet of ARMY OF THE DEAD: “It’s set after a zombie apocalypse, about a group of guys that go after some money that has been left in Vegas, which is now a walled city full of zombies. There’s a twist, because one of guys, his daughter is—.” Let’s just say that Snyder then describes a horrifying scenario that perhaps should go unspoiled for now. Or in other words, “The zombies are super-scary.”

Oh Zack Snyder, you tease. That's pretty much all that we have for now and while that may not be much it's still worth sinking our teeth into for the next year or so...or whenever this sucker starts to gain some more steam. Aside from his upcoming animated film with talking owls who make their own shit, Snyder's still got more projects "to be." Strike down below and let us know if you dig ARMY OF THE DEAD so far or not.

Extra Tidbit: I'm still waiting for my RAINBOW SIX movie dammit.

6:00PM on 09/02/2010

GREAT !

GREAT ! NEWS !
GREAT ! NEWS !

1:57PM on 09/02/2010
Okay, help me understand something here. It's the zombie apocalypse and they want to go after MONEY? Who the hell gives a damn about money when it is a post-apocalyptic world!?

Also, let me guess Zach, one of the guys daughters is estranged, went to Vegas and became a dirty slut and you cross paths again but she is a ZOMBIE!

I'm getting sick of zombie movies and I think I love them more than anyone else. Either that or I'm getting sick of a lack of creativity.

8:36PM on 09/02/2010
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure money would be rendered useless in the zombie apocalypse. Unless it's contained to NA or something.
1:00PM on 09/02/2010

Hell yes!

I'm very much down for this.
I'm very much down for this.

11:25AM on 09/02/2010
I'm convinced there has only ever been one zombie apocalypse script and it just keeps coming back from the dead over and over again.

People honestly don't get bored shitless with these things?

People honestly don't get bored shitless with these things?

11:17AM on 09/02/2010

Oh dear god!

I love snyders movies he has not done a bad one yet and im so looking forward to the owl one and suckerpunch and the thought of him going back to his zombie routes is a brilliant move and i cant wait for it!!

Fenn, Sherilyn