Latest Entertainment News Headlines

Daniel Craig says "no decision has been made" regarding Bond 25

08.15.2017

Those of you who are looking to exit the Bond-related roller coaster that we've been on for the past few weeks are in for a bit of disappointment, as we've just hit another steep incline on the track to BOND 25. After a bit of back-and-forth regarding Daniel Craig's involvement in the forthcoming BOND 25 film (and any other sequel for that matter), the English-born actor can come forward to clarify that "no official desicion has been made" concerning his return to the franchise.

Tuesday morning, Craig participated in an interview with Boston Radio program Morning Magic 106.7 where the actor stated, "I'd hate to burst the bubble, but no decision has been made at the moment. There's a lot of noise out there and nothing official has been confirmed and I'm not, like, holding out for more money or doing anything like that. It's just all very personal decisions to be made at the moment," Craig announced. "I know they're desperate to get going and I would in theory love to do it, but there is no decision just yet." Well, if that doesn't stir (not shake) the drinks of Bond fans I don't know what will.

Craig has been straightening the cufflinks of the legendary James Bond character since 2006's CASINO ROYALE, and has played the suave secret agent all the way up to the most recent Bond adventure with 2015's SPECTRE. In the past, Craig has been known to waffle more than a waitress at a backwater truck stop about continuing on as the British Intelligence super spy, though many are hopeful to land him back in the role before having to delay the release of the next film in the franchise.

In addition to Craig being uncertain about his future in the Bond movie making business, it's being said that key elements of BOND 25 (even the film's director) are in a state of flux. For now, MGM and Eon have yet to land a U.S. studio partner, and this is after having talked with several after Sony's four picture deal came to an end with the release of SPECTRE. In an act of throwing another log on the raging Bond fire, earlier this month, Showtime CEO David Nevins stated that Craig's series PURITY has been delayed and won't be airing until after BOND 25's November 8, 2019 debut. To calrify, Nevins stated that, "He's doing Bond first and I can't say anything about what I know or don't know about Bond, [but] It's possible it may not shoot until 2019."

Personally, I'm getting a little tired of being on the Bond coaster. For me, this almost feels like a movie franchise curse in the making, but what the hell do I know, right? I'm sure that, when the time comes, there will be plenty of people who are still stoked to see the iconic super spy back up on the big screen, with Daniel Craig in the lead or not.

How are you feeling about Craig's words and the state of BOND 25? Let us know in the comments section below.

Extra Tidbit: I'll take a bourbon old fashioned. Muddle it up and be sure to use fresh fruit. I don't want to see none of that bottom of the container nonsense floating in my gentleman's drink.
Source: Morning Magic

RECOMMENDED MOVIE NEWS

RECOMMENDED MOVIE NEWS

Latest Entertainment News Headlines


Top
Loading...

Featured Youtube Videos

Views and Counting