IT'S THE BOOZE TALKIN': Give Rob Zombie a break!

02.15.2011by: Ammon Gilbert

Eight years ago (or so), I checked out a little movie called HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES at a midnight showing in my college town. The flick paid homage to my favorite film genre of all time and simultaneously had a look all its own that was somehow fresh and unique, and something we hadn’t seen in a while. I knew it was a Rob Zombie movie at the time (his first) and remember wondering what else he might have hiding up his sleeves. Take a time warp to last week where news of Zombie’s latest flick THE LORDS OF SALEM jump started into production, with all new details as to the film’s storyline surfacing as well. The dude has five solid feature films under his belt (with a TV show and a faux trailer in there as well), and yet all I saw on the internet were naysayers and shit talkers taking shots at the guy, and immediately… I wanted to punch some of these mother*ckers in the face. Enough already! It’s time for ya’ll to shut the f*ck and give the guy a f*ckin’ break!

Some argue that the guy is a ‘hack’ and he’s ‘destroying the face of horror.’ Let’s think about that for a second—a hack? Really? After busting on the scene with the exceptionally awesome HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES, he dived even deeper into the world he created with THE DEVIL’S REJECTS and blew everyone (and their mothers) away! The same internet that hates him now couldn’t stop blowing the guy for his grimy tale of outlaws and rednecks, praising the man for creating such a down and dirty film, and for giving Bill Moseley and Sid Haig a chance to be mainstream again. And talk about f*cked up violence! Genre fans want gore and violence, they want to feel uncomfortable, they want to see a side of the world that is horrifically more gruesome than their own and Zombie delivered. This is a guy who had only made one movie prior to this, mind you. Not bad for a sophomore effort, eh? You’re goddamn right it’s not.

I guess my point there is, how could he be a ‘hack’ who also is out to ‘destroy the face of horror’ by making a couple of solid, gritty, and let’s face it, more or less original horror films? By remaking a masterpiece, I suppose. This is it, right? This is the reason why, beyond the comments like the one above, people have called him a shitty director, an ass-raper of the most sacred horror movie in movie history, an audacious f*cktard who would have the gall to remake John Carpenter’s HALLOWEEN—after saying that he would never direct a remake, no less. You either hate what he did with HALLOWEEN or you thought it wasn’t bad, but nobody really loves the remake. Or rather, no real horror fan would give Zombie credit for what he did with it. And yet, beyond all the hate, the film made a shit-ton of money, so who are the real ass-rapers here? Oh yeah—we are. For going out and seeing it and making it a bonafide hit.

But looking beyond the film’s background and origins, if you look at the film as a stand alone film, it’s not bad! It’s well made, there’s some savage shit going on, there’s some originality with the mom and the f*cked up family dynamics, there’s tons of gore and gritty violence, and seeing Myers kill on screen again after a string of shitastic sequels was a joy. Most horror fans can’t see it that way and took it as an assault on the holy grail of horror and immediately lumped Zombie into the same asshole category as Platinum Dunes (the remake Kings) and the makers behind shit like THE STEPFATHER and WHEN A STRANGER CALLS remakes. Seriously? The same dude people couldn’t get enough of is now a douche who couldn’t direct traffic after remaking one movie? Goddamn the internet has turned a generation into a bunch of unhappy cry-babies.

So you hated HALLOWEEN. Ok. I’m not gonna argue with you there—mostly because I saw the same movie before, back when Carpenter made it, so was bored with what I saw. After HALLOWEEN Zombie did something crazy: he announced that his next movie was going to be HALLOWEEN II! And oh how the haters rejoiced in their hatred of the guy! Then the film came out and people hated it up and down, left and right, and shat down the neck of its severed little head. And why? Because, at this point, it was the cool thing to do. Zombie redeemed himself with HALLOWEEN II, making an original movie with the beloved characters from the HALLOWEEN universe and he did his own thing—with fantastic results! He hit all the marks to please most horror fans, with the gore and the violence and the Myers brutality, and gave us something new and fresh to a played out franchise that actually pushed the envelope more than Busta Rhymes or Josh Hartnett could have ever imagined. And what did Zombie get in return? Hate. Nothing but f*cking hate—simply because that’s the cool thing to do if you’re a horror fan these days is hate all over Zombie. Because, with one remake under his belt, he somehow lost all the street cred his first two beloved flicks gained him.

Maybe it’s the booze talkin’, but the haters need to stop talkin’ shit about Rob Zombie and they need to give the guy a f*ckin’ break already. THE LORDS OF SALEM isn’t a remake, it doesn’t revolve around the same hillbillies as DEVIL’S REJECTS or CORPSES, it’s a brand new, original horror flick revolving around witches going apeshit after a cursed record is accidentally played. Sounds like a blast to me! And more importantly , it doesn’t sound like something we’ve seen before... so stop your f*cking bitching. For a guy who’s only been making movies since 2003, he has one of the more solid filmographies out there and a track record to boot. Throw in his fun animated adventure THE HAUNTED WORLD OF EL SUPERBEASTO and his GRINDHOUSE trailer for WEREWOLF WOMEN OF THE S.S., and you have yourself a guy who obviously loves horror and has made a career exploiting his passion for it. He understands what fans want out of it and he brings his own unique style to the table with everything he does. You don’t have to like what he puts out there, but enough with the shit-talking already.

12:25PM on 03/14/2011
I hate when people justify their liking of a terrible movie/director by just saying everyone just "wants to hate it" and "Never gives it a shot." Complete bullshit. If that were the case then I know I wouldn't have seen any of them. I've seen all of Zombies films. Like the first two for the longest time. I think less of them as time goes on but I don't by any means consider them bad movies. Halloween on the other hand is fucking awful. The epitome of bad. I gave it a chance and it failed to deliver. The second is one of the worst films I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. The only thing it delivered was clichés and a complete lack of originality (I can't believe you actually called this film original). I say this as a horror fan and a fan of films in general.

11:03AM on 03/02/2011

Yeah, that's the booze talking, alright...

The only reason people hated 'Halloween 2' was "because, at this point, it was the cool thing to do"?

What a load of Zombie-apologist bollocks; people hated it because it was a shit-awful mess of a crayon-scribbled script populated by 'characters' who deserved to be pushed face-first into a beardy-hobo's underwear.

5:05PM on 02/17/2011
I think his movies suck. They're certainty not the worst horror movies I've seen, but they are far from good. His music is pretty lame too.

10:01AM on 02/16/2011

I calls em as I sees em

I'm sorry but the idea that I'm gonna stop giving Rob Zombie shit just because other people are doing it is ridiculous. If a lot of people are giving him shit it's probably because he deserves it (at some level, at least).
House of 1,000 Corpses was a passionate mess. It was creative, fun and most of all, a big nod to true horror fans.
The Devil's Rejects was Zombie's most focused, taught and downright brutal film. It showed that he CAN actually direct a wonderful film.
Halloween was a
Halloween was a mistake. It looked amazing - everything from the production design to the costume looked great. But when it came down to it, it didn't have the fascinating characters the Devil's had and it didn't have the creativity of Corpses. So without either of those, it felt flat. But not enough to condemn him. Not at all.
HOWEVER, along comes Halloween II. He goes back on his word and will write/direct a sequel. Must have a pretty amazing idea for it right!? No. The only characters I gave a damn about were Annie and her father. The visions came out of left field and felt forced. Weird for the sake of being weird. And don't get me started on the pointlessness of Loomis' character.
While I haven't lost complete faith in him, I am wondering if he's a one trick pony. Salem sounds promising but he's gonna have to break the downward spiral he's in: good, great, average, atrocious...

9:08AM on 02/16/2011
You , my friend, are totally fucking right !
Granted, his remake of Halloween was a lesser version of Carpenter's but House rocked ! The love for the genre shone through. The Devil's Rejects is a masterpiece. Superbeasto is fun. Halloween II blows every Halloween-sequel out of the water.
You , my friend, are totally fucking right !
People who hate on this guy do it because of the idiot hype. Apparently a bunch of geeks find it cool to hate on Zombie just because he remade another classic. A lot of people follow them like the no-balls nerds they are.
Go get yourselves a fucking life geeks

8:37AM on 02/16/2011

WHAT ?

WTF ? This guy has NOOO talent. He was boring in music, but what a poor director. I said director... I should have used this : A dumb attempting to do movie. FUCK YOU ROB !

5:57AM on 02/16/2011

Ammon, what have you been smoking?!?!?!?!?

This article should be posted under the "Unpopular Opinion" section, because if anything, you're opinion is shit. You're going against the tide here. In my opinion, there hasn't been a really horror classic in years (like Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist) and you're affinity for low art horror like Open House and Sleepaway Camp has clouded your judgment of quality and trash. Rob Zombie, an original director????? House of a 1000 corpses was reference to the Mansons and his Halloween flicks were subpar. Choppy editing, insufficient may render the gritty look to his films, but they are as hollow as the Saw sequels. He uses his films to shove his wife Sheri Moon, who is a pathetic excuse of an actress, down our throats. The Devil's Rejects was great as it played out like a revenge flick with an electrifying performance by William Forscythe. Maybe, we need Jim Law back to handle this section. Or maybe it’s the booze talkin’

5:47AM on 02/16/2011

Go Go Zombie

I am big fan of his music and movies and always will be. Try and find other musicians who have gone the same path and you will come up zip. Keep up the good work Rob!

2:21AM on 02/16/2011

I GIVE ZIZ-OMBIE CRID-EDIT

I boogied on broken toes to House of 1000 corpses, to me that's Zombies best film. Devil's Rejects gets respect for doing an off the lamb leg sequel with a completely different style an only the first half of the theatrical Halloween was good. An I'm half an half on H2. As I'm writing this El SuperBeasto is on t.v. I never watched it till now and it's making me geek like a stone fiend. So I give Zombie credit. I think he can still make a wild and entertaining picture. I'm looking forward to his next movie.

Fuck yeah brah

12:35AM on 02/16/2011

Zombie is hard core!

Takes a different animal to GET Rob Zombie. Slick, but gritty, and HARD. Freakin' aces high above Uwe Bowl (for example). Rob is (pardon the pun) Rockin!!!!

10:03PM on 02/15/2011

Zombie is too good for mainstream horror

I am 37 years old, I grew up on Halloween.. and 70s and 80s horror in general... but I think Zombie is incredible.

He has brought horror to a new level, which frankly is TOO high. Mainstream horror fans just don't want to see it..

You said in the article "no one loves Halloween remake.." well I do. I won't say its 'better' than Carpenters original, but its certainly more complex and way more interesting, and it is WAY better than Halloween 2,3,4,5,6, H20 and 8.. put together!

Zombie's

Zombie's Halloween 2 is simply a work of art.. I saw it 10 times in the theater.. I was mezmorized... the Dcut is even better. I'm surprised it doesn't have a LOWER Rotten Tomatoes score.. its way over most people heads.

In a world where My Blood Valentine 3D and Final Destination 3D do so good, I'm surprised Zombie is here at all.. people love SHIT

I do agree Zombie should not be making Halloween films, why waste his talent on a long dead worn out piece of shit franchise, its beneath him, and me to watch it frankly. Much more interested in his original work.

Lords Of Salem sounds incredible.

For the record I don't really like House of 1000 though.. he was trying to hard or something.

10:00PM on 02/15/2011
The RZ Halloween films suck and everyone knows it.

However, I'm willing to give Rob another chance with "The Lords of Salem."
The RZ Halloween films suck and everyone knows it.

However, I'm willing to give Rob another chance with "The Lords of Salem."

8:29PM on 02/15/2011
Couldn't Agree more!!! I have been saying this stuff for years now. Great post!
Couldn't Agree more!!! I have been saying this stuff for years now. Great post!

7:34PM on 02/15/2011
House of 1,000 is my shit, Devil's Rejects IS shit, Halloween was ok, but H2 was the horrible.

6:06PM on 02/15/2011

Are you kidding me?

His first film blew. Even the girl I watched it with hated it and girls typically love things that suck. Devils Rejects was cool and he was going in a good direction. Then Halloween shit on all our heads. The sequel was so painful I couldn't make it through 20 minutes. He needs to stop casting his no talent wife too. Instead of making movies like a fan geek try just being a director.

5:38PM on 02/15/2011
Thank you sir! I'm love Zombie and dig all his efforts so far. H2 honestly being pretty bad ass. The Directors Cut is much better then the theatrical version. Devils Rejects is a horror masterpiece and Corpses isn't far from it. I have high hopes for Lords of Salem.

11:55PM on 02/15/2011
Looks like the Zombie haters have struck again. All the positive comments are - 16,10, 8 etc. and all the negative comments about Zombie are +14 etc. Some poor soul has NO life.

I have your back poop. Zombie rocks.

I have your back poop. Zombie rocks.
5:33PM on 02/15/2011

here's how it really should be...

regardless of how you feel about him and his films...unless any one of you complaining fuckers are bankrolling his work...WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE?
keep complaiing pussies...maybe one day someone will give you some attention that you crave.

5:31PM on 02/15/2011
Totally agree, I've hated 1 of his films. I've loved the rest, and I seriously don't get the hate.

5:06PM on 02/15/2011

Child

Rob Zombie has the brain of a 13 year old. Give a 13 year old cash and a camera and he will film boobs, blood and swear words. Not to mention his newest album which is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard, start to end. Thumbs down all you want but he really is a child.

4:32PM on 02/15/2011

Halloween Fan

The new Halloween movies are my favorite of the series. Gritty and realistic. I saw them both in theatres and loved every minute. I've watched them countless times now on dvd and blu ray and will continue the marathon every year with these included. Thank you Zombie from the bottom of my little black heart.

4:27PM on 02/15/2011

He still sucks

He doesn't have a single original idea in his head. He's simply an over-eager fanboy lacking any/all sense of vision, scope, architecture or storytelling. His characters are simple in the extreme, offer nothing new, bring nothing to the screen, and are forgettable save for those poor few decent actors who are stuck working with him. He's a coat-tail riding trash whore who will sling out anything for a buck and call it his "horror vision." Spare us all.

4:10PM on 02/15/2011

Bring it on!

Great article Ammon.

I have liked/loved all of his work so far but I'm glad he's moving away from Halloween and the whole remake thing and doing something original again.
Great article Ammon.

3:59PM on 02/15/2011

These columns are getting out of hand.

Seriously, though. Could we please start to get some intelligent film-centric criticism in these columns? Because statements like, “blew everyone (and their mothers) away!” or Zombie pulled off HALLOWEEN II “with fantastic results! He hit all the marks to please most horror fans…” aren’t cutting it, especially given H2’s ratings on Rotten Tomatoes (21%) or IMDB (4.8 out of 10). These empty statements and seemingly uneducated stances (which were also very evident in the DEAR SO AND SO: KEVIN SMITH article a few weeks back) are what normally keep me from reading this site beyond the film news of the day and John Fallon’s reviews.

Give me some serious film critique that explores the films themselves. Give me a stance, and then back it up with facts. Like how a certain scene succeeds in generating suspense, or how a certain scene/beat/character action/plot point was a good choice, or how Zombie employed an interesting technique to achieve a certain effect, or dare I even mention exploration of a film’s theme (not that every film possesses one!)? I would be willing to read a pro-Rob Zombie article if it dealt intelligently with his films and the techniques he employed. Who knows, you may cause me to change my mind about a couple of elements. John Fallon’s reviews always achieve this. Even in the unlikely event that I disagree with his review, he’s always been good about clearly stating his reasons.

But this whole, “Fuck you, Zombie is awesome, and all you haters are stupid for not getting it!” tone that your article flaunts is nothing more or better than the ignorant comments that you condemn within it.

4:31PM on 02/15/2011
Halloween Shape, thanks man! Your response is mucho appreciated, yo!

A couple of things: this is one man\'s (mine) rant about a subject he (I) wanted to rant about. It\'s solely my opinion, no more, no less. So you don\'t like my opinion? Cool. Just like I don\'t like the opinion of haters. It\'s all good, we\'re all about opinions here.

Halloween Shape, thanks man! Your response is mucho appreciated, yo!

I like H2. I thought it was fantastic. I wasn\'t saying anything about Rotten Tomatoes or IMDb, but thanks for letting me know that mainstream critics didn\'t like it. I liked it. I wrote the article. Crazy how that works, eh?

If you wanted a serious film criticism, I guess you\'re on the wrong website. I wasn\'t here to critique his films--I was ranting on the peeps who poop all over a director that I think is doing the genre more good than harm. When I write my book \"The Film Critiques of Rob Zombie\" then I\'ll be sure to look at and disect each and every one of his films, including how the characters were developed, the quality of the script, and the skills he used in camera angles and lighting techniques. But for now, I\'ll continue to say shit like \"there was a ton of violence and gore which is exactly what I was looking for\" in my brief overview of his films.

Thanks again for your response, though. Seriously. I guess my rebuttal to you would be... if you don\'t like it, don\'t read it. If you know you hate everything that isn\'t news or Arrow reviews, don\'t read them. Then the diverse opinions as voiced on the site won\'t offend you or make you mad.
3:30PM on 02/15/2011
THE DEVIL's REJECTS is the only movie he really got right.

Oh, and I'll never let go of the fact that he a) hypocritically bashed remakes, then made one, and b)shit on sequels then made one. (Let's not forget he also threatened us with a remake of THE BLOB.)
THE DEVIL's REJECTS is the only movie he really got right.

3:34PM on 02/15/2011
Oooooh EDubb, you're such a naysayer!

Four words for you: Knights In White Satin. 'Nuff Said.
Oooooh EDubb, you're such a naysayer!

Four words for you: Knights In White Satin. 'Nuff Said.
3:29PM on 02/15/2011
I loved House of a 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects. Am hip to seeing another NON HALLOWEEN Zombie movie... bring it!

3:10PM on 02/15/2011
Sorry to say I like Rob Zombie's movies minus Halloween 2. Let the thumbs down flow.

3:32PM on 02/15/2011
I dug Halloween 2 more than 1... go figure...
I dug Halloween 2 more than 1... go figure...
2:56PM on 02/15/2011

Nice attempt on editing

I like how you edited "revolved" to revolve but still left "Hillbilly's" when you should have hillbillies. Said hillbillies aren't showing possession of anything so they don't need an apostrophe.

3:09PM on 02/15/2011
I did that, happy you liked it! AWESOME...
I did that, happy you liked it! AWESOME...
3:10PM on 02/15/2011
Just edited hillbillies too! Hope you like that too!
Just edited hillbillies too! Hope you like that too!
3:16PM on 02/15/2011
Your mastery of the English language is inspiring. Especially when you write shit like "...when you should have hillbillies." instead of "when you should have wrote hillbillies." Goes to show what a fucking genius you are. Bravo!
3:18PM on 02/15/2011
It's "when you should have WRITTEN hillbillies." LMAO! :)
It's "when you should have WRITTEN hillbillies." LMAO! :)
3:27PM on 02/15/2011
Yeah I gotta say it; if you're gonna go out of your way to point out a typo we did - having no typos in your call-out would be ideal...LOL!
3:32PM on 02/15/2011
D'oh! LOL!
D'oh! LOL!
2:44PM on 02/15/2011

Robert Cummings is a fake.

Before any of you continue to back Zombie's horse, you should take a look at this four-part video, and see how much he's been playing you over the years. Don't let the whiney haters title fool you. It's actually a very intelligent video.

[link]

As for me, 1 good film out of 4 is an awful batting average. I think the guy needs to go away.

[link]

P.S. I hope you people realized that Zombie's "bad ass" public persona is the equivalent of Larry the Cable Guy and Pee Wee Herman. It's all a fake persona to sell to gullible horror/metal/goth fans. He's not trailer trash, he's a rich kid from Massachusetts.)

8:19PM on 02/15/2011
If you\'re the douche that posted the YouTube Rob Zombie 1/4, then I have to tell you, it sucked ass. I only got about 4 minutes in and had to turn it off, because why would anyone want to listen to 40 minutes of a whiney little girl\'s \'criticisms\'. Get a life.
-16
2:36PM on 02/15/2011
THANK YOU! I couldn't agree with this more! I LOVE Rob Zombie as a director! Hell, I even loved his Halloween remake! I loved Halloween 2 even more! I hate how all the people that give him shit about his Halloween's say that he "destroyed" the franchise. Why? Because he tried giving us something fresh and original? Meanwhile, nobody even mentions the disaster that was Halloween: Resurrection. I completely agree with you Arrow. Zombie loves the horror genre and he belongs here. Cut him some slack people!

2:20PM on 02/15/2011

What?

First off, he makes really bad films. House of 1000 corpses was just a cheap knockoff of texas chainsaw massacre genre done as a rob zombie videos. And i'm sick of people saying that devil's rejects was a good movie. It's just house of 1000 corpses with the filters taken off. Halloween was so bad i couldn't even watch it. Halloween didn't have anything to do with hillbilly's and he still managed to put them in somehow. He is a fan of horror and he just copies what carpenter did but not as good so no one likes it. Sure, he can trick a few people but if you pay real attention all you get is nonsense.

he's a hack

1:50PM on 02/15/2011
He's one of the only American directors who has the balls to keep directing and releasing R-rated horror movies. Earns my respect. I think once Rob Zombie gets back to his own concepts and idea's, this will put him back on track.

1:35PM on 02/15/2011

I gave him one too many chances.....

Hey, I gave Rob the benefit of the doubt. I didn't dig House of a 1000 Corpses (4/10), but he did redeem himself a bit in the Devil's Rejects (6/10). Then, Halloween came around and I checked it out, I was optimistic it would be good! Unfortunately, the whole family dynamic was cliched as hell at the same time decent. For that, I give him back to 4/10

Then, Halloween 2 came around, and I figure I give him one more chance. It looked like it's own thing, so I was once again optimistic. Unfortunately, he culminates his latest effort with one fo the worst movies I have seen in a long time. Everything about was just wrong as he amplified what i hated in the first one. He made a new Loomis arc that came out of nowhere, and at times copied what he did in the damn original in certain kills!

I'm through giving this dude a break, so that's why I rag on him with contempt. Stop settling with your stupid redneck themes and surprise me with something! Until then, I'll probably check your newest film on cable at least.

1:18PM on 02/15/2011

keyboards dont break teeth....

people hate on the internet cuz its the only place they can talk shit and not risk having their teeth broken. guarantee not one fucker stands up in the theater and spouts their crap outloud amongst real people. no, they go home and bitch to avatars and forum handles.
but, truth be told...haters only have power because the intelligent people, give them an audience by paying attention to their bullshit.
so...enough with hating on the haters! when they realize their misery is only their own...theyll move on.

12:56PM on 02/15/2011

Really?

I had no idea people disliked Rob Zombie. I thought Halloween was 'okay; but the director's cut of Halloween II was great! Besides Devil's Rejects is a wonderful film.

11:56AM on 02/15/2011
While I do have a great deal of respect for Zombie as a filmaker and a musician, I really, really loathed his take on both Halloweens, and not because it was the cool thing to do. I gave both a shot and just couldn't get on board with them. Yes, he made them his own yet something seemed off to me. The 2nd was pure craziness that I couldn't make heads or tails of and Laurie was an unlikeable lead, in my opinion. I do respect him for daring to go in a different direction, but the direction proved too off-course for me. I'll still watch anything the guy puts out, but I do reserve the right to not like it whether everyone else feels the same or not.

1:17PM on 02/15/2011
You make a good point, yo! If only everyone out there was as logical as that.
You make a good point, yo! If only everyone out there was as logical as that.
10:53AM on 02/15/2011

no, it's the booze (or crack) talking

dude couldn't direct his way out of a paper bag.
dude couldn't direct his way out of a paper bag.

11:44AM on 02/15/2011
you say that, but on what grounds?
you say that, but on what grounds?
7:19PM on 02/15/2011
well dude, it's all opinion of course, this column being yours. i see his films as poorly written, poorly cast, poorly directed shtick. it's a formula. it's the same movie over and over. they're sloppy. they're redundant. and though everyone ejaculates saying he's showing 'real horror in real life' his films are pointless.
10:41AM on 02/15/2011
Amen brother! I too am tired of all the shit talking. I'm pretty sure if these naysayers were to make thier own film it would suck donkey dick and then they'd be hated on fantastically. Zombie is a multi-talented guy and that can make people jealous sometimes. I for one see each of his films with enthusiasm and I respect what he does as an artist, musician, and director/writer.

10:37AM on 02/15/2011
I honestly have enjoyed most of Zombie's films until now. House of 1000 Corpses was freaky and shit and so was The Devils Rejects and honestly I liked Halloween up until the midway point. I'll admit to hating Halloween 2 and thought it was pure garbage but then again I thought a sequel was unnecessary

10:28AM on 02/15/2011

Double true!

I have no problem with Zombie's career. He did the be could with the shit circumstances handed to him with budget and shooting schedule issues on the Halloweens. I'm glad to see him go back to original material. The only problem I had with this whole article was this piece of sentence: "it doesn’t revolved around the same hillbilly’s as DEVIL’S REJECTS" Sheesh. The Booze Talkin' indeed!

11:41AM on 02/15/2011
Fuck yo, you're right! The booze really was talkin' right there, wasn't it. Thanks for the callout! D'oh!
9:57AM on 02/15/2011
I agree totally with this piece. I have enjoyed all of Zombies movies, even Halloween to a degree. I think Halloween 2 had some incredible visuals and someday this guy is going to churn out a really classic horror. For now I think fans should just appreciate there is a guy out there making movies who truely loves the horror genre and isn't making them just to make a buck.

9:26AM on 02/15/2011

Halloween II

Man, I watched Halloween II and that movie was SCARY. I think Rob Zombie KNOWS how to make films and how to make them effective. He puts his all into his films.

8:49AM on 02/15/2011

Glad someone said it

Completely agree. I absolutely love The Devil's Rejects and think the rest of his output is at least decent. The guy has a lot of heart and it shows in his pictures.

8:14AM on 02/15/2011
I'd say Zombie's horror movies are different kind of horror movie. I like his "Halloween" but not "Halloween 2". Would his cameo and music in Twisted Metal 3 count? That game has rockin' soundtrack.

8:07AM on 02/15/2011
Right on. The guy gets a ridiculous amount of undeserved hate for somebody that's delivered some of the best moments in horror over the past decade. Did anybody else happen to catch the work print of Halloween when it leaked before it's release? I know, stealing movies is wrong and blablabla, but I paid to see Halloween in the theater, and I prefer the copy I stole (the one without the unnecessarily added kills). Hopefully it's still out there somewhere.

Taylor-Joy, Anya