Back in February we dropped the news on ya that Scream Factory had plans of releasing a special collectors edition of Joe Dante's 1981 werewolf classic THE HOWLING and today we have the details of what to expect on the disc as well as when you can get your grubby little hands on it!
Scream Factory recently announced a June 18th release date for their Blu-ray/DVD collector’s edition of THE HOWLING and we now have the official list of bonus features that will be included:
THE HOWLING COLLECTOR’S EDITION Special Features:
ALL-NEW SCREAM FACTORY EXTRAS
- Audio Commentary with Author Gary Brandner
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Audio Commentary from Director Joe Dante
- Horror’s Hallowed Grounds- A look at the film’s locations with host Sean Clark
- Interview with Stop-Motion Animator Dave Allen
- New Interviews with screenwriter Terence Winkless, Executive Producer Steven A. Lane and editor Mark Goldblatt
Extras carried over from prior MGM DVD release
- Audio Commentary With Director Joe Dante And Actors Dee Wallace, Christopher Stone and Robert Picardo
- Unleashing the Beast: The Making Of The Howling Multi-part Documentary
- Making Of A Monster: Inside The Howling Documentary
- Photo Gallery
- Theatrical Trailers
For the first time ever on Blu-Ray, this definitive collector’s edition home entertainment release of THE HOWLING features anamorphic widescreen movie presentation and is packed with a bounty of special bonus content, a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork, a reversible wrap with original theatrical key art and more!
THE HOWLING Collector’s Edition Blu-ray has a suggested retail price of $29.93 (and can be pre-ordered HERE) and $19.93 for the DVD (which you can grab HERE).